FS Custom Sage X rod 697-4 9'6" 6wt

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale is a custom built Sage X rod 697-4, 9'6" 6 weight 4 piece rod. This has high end Alps light LXN stainless PVD titanium chrome and zirconium ring stripper guides, Alps stainless Single foot wire guides with BPD TiCh plating, Super grade Cork, and Forecast Aluminum reelseat with an anodized finish. Rod is brand new, and comes with rod tube. This has the same Sage warranty on the blank, and i will re-wrap the replacement section for free. Retail on a factory built rod is $899. Price $650 shipped $625 local pickup Make an offer, partial cash / trades accepted.
AK 20180226_204748.jpg IMG_2870.JPG IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2867.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2880.JPG

Last edited:
Regarding the warranty, "This has the same Sage warranty on the blank as the factory rods." This is not exactly true. Sage will give a second owner or the first owner the same warranty as a factory blank but not a completed rod. If you break a section, they will make you a new section but will not install the guides. They will install the guides on a factory rod

Regarding the warranty, "This has the same Sage warranty on the blank as the factory rods." This is not exactly true. Sage will give a second owner or the first owner the same warranty as a factory blank but not a completed rod. If you break a section, they will make you a new section but will not install the guides. They will install the guides on a factory rod

Good point Chic. I am a rod builder and always warranty my workmanship. If it is a 1st time breakage, I re-wrap the replacement section for free. Anytime after that I would charge per guide to wrap/finish. The buyer would just need to ship the parts to me. I had one buddy/client who would break his favorite rods tip section every season shoving it into the water to get his lure back.
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts