Beach fishing near Shelton

jasmillo

Go fish Purdy with the FOURTEEN other guys I counted while driving over the bridge today (this is not an exaggeration). I was heading from one spot to another and that just happened to be the quickest route. I knew there was a reason I have never hit that beach since I started fishing SRC. We can be an unoriginal bunch, can’t we. Hundreds of miles of shoreline and 80% of the saltwater guys out today were fishing the same beach. I hope there was a club outing or something going on. What a cluster that looks to be. I barely put up with that sh*t for coho in the fall...

As others have said, check out state, county and city county parks on the water in that area. Lots of spots to check out. If you can get access to the water...fish it.

holtad

Go fish Purdy with the FOURTEEN other guys I counted while driving over the bridge today (this is not an exaggeration). I was heading from one spot to another and that just happened to be the quickest route. I knew there was a reason I have never hit that beach since I started fishing SRC. We can be an unoriginal bunch, can’t we. Hundreds of miles of shoreline and 80% of the saltwater guys out today were fishing the same beach. I hope there was a club outing or something going on. What a cluster that looks to be. I barely put up with that sh*t for coho in the fall...

As others have said, check out state, county and city county parks on the water in that area. Lots of spots to check out. If you can get access to the water...fish it.
Pretty sure much of the Purdy crowd is guide traffic. I'm happy for them to keep clients there and off other spots :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jasmillo

Pretty sure much of the Purdy crowd is guide traffic. I'm happy for them to keep clients there and off other spots :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I hope your right. If I had half a brain....and was guided to that spot, I would want my money back. You can’t find f$cking Purdy by yourself and figure it out? Stay home and play XBox.

I’d take 25 skunkings in a row exploring less crowded water than fish for SRC in that mess.

To each their own I guess.....

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
It’s been rumored the cutts at Purdy know everyone’s names.
The Port of Purdy is considering putting in parking meters because the place has become so popular.
They view the beach pounding as a untapped source of revenue.
After the meters go in, next comes the beach angler carbon tax.
SF

Last edited:
I hope your right. If I had half a brain....and was guided to that spot, I would want my money back. You can’t find f$cking Purdy by yourself and figure it out? Stay home and play XBox.

I’d take 25 skunkings in a row exploring less crowded water than fish for SRC in that mess.

To each their own I guess.....

Totally agreed. I can't believe guides would be taking their customers there.

Kinda like a sea plane trip to Flagler

porterHause

Just call me Jon
I went to a popular Seattle beach this am to give a new line a few casts before heading south to meet the wife's parents, and ran into two dudes frustrated and dismayed by the lack of action on said beach. They were new, and I had no qualms about pointing them to Purdy. Whatever else it is, it's productive and a good place for a noob to pop his cherry.

Maybe you guys are just jealous that their flat bills, puffy's and go pros look prettier than yours.

Latest posts