Ages.

up2nogood

We just like to joke about our "maturity"...or rather, age. A sense of humor however twisted is a good thing to mature into... The problem I have as a sub teacher at a HS...is the things I say in class tend to zoom right over students heads...or is it they don't want to enable the crazy sub teacher? I am not sure? Those teenagers are actually smart sometimes...Speaking of which I gotta head over there...Tonight I am cleaning up after them and they like to leave presents for the custodians. They are clever especially in the bathrooms. chocolate cupcakes from the Home Ec. with icing can fool a guy for a second...and they like to do art projects on the boring looking ceilings. Some are probably just trying to impress me with their expressiveness, since i am a part time substitute art teacher.
I can relate to to that, zooms right over their head. Went in to get my hair cut, ya at 70 I still have some :) The girl that was to cut my hair ,MAYBE mid 20's, asked what could she do for me. I said lets lower my ears, and you should of seen the look on her face, she had no clue. I explained it was just a saying, not sure she ever got it. Oh!! well she did a good of cutting my hair. :)

Salmo_g

This is a fun thread. Lots of different answers and I notice that a lot of us getting older. Nobody chastised anybody else. 10 plus pages of good clean things.
Well no shit, Jim. We're only getting older because we can't get any younger.

I took a day off from retirement yesterday and went fishing with a young kid of 41. Only because it works out this way, we parked the truck and carried our packs and rafts a mile up the road, maybe a mile and a half because most of the good spots are on the other side of the river. So we fished our way back down river all day long - and a beautiful sunny day it was - and floated to a point about a mile or so downstream of the truck. Packed up, hiked to the road, ditched packs and rafts in the brush since we could pick 'em up on the way down, and hiked back up to the truck, arriving in the dark.

Between getting up at 3:15 AM (I'm NOT a morning person) and the workout and the fishing, and a stop for burgers and fries on the ride home, I was totally knackered last night and went straight to bed, and slept the sleep of the just. Woke up this morning with a few aches and kinks I need to work out. Man I hope I never get too old for this kind of nonsense!

Skip Enge

Staff member

I took a day off from retirement yesterday and went fishing with a young kid of 41. Only because it works out this way, we parked the truck and carried our packs and rafts a mile up the road, maybe a mile and a half because most of the good spots are on the other side of the river. So we fished our way back down river all day long - and a beautiful sunny day it was - and floated to a point about a mile or so downstream of the truck. Packed up, hiked to the road, ditched packs and rafts in the brush since we could pick 'em up on the way down, and hiked back up to the truck, arriving in the dark.

Between getting up at 3:15 AM (I'm NOT a morning person) and the workout and the fishing, and a stop for burgers and fries on the ride home, I was totally knackered last night and went straight to bed, and slept the sleep of the just. Woke up this morning with a few aches and kinks I need to work out. Man I hope I never get too old for this kind of nonsense!
The keep moving theory is more than a theory. My 92 year old mom, Regina says "there's good pain and bad pain, the good pain reminds you ...you are alive."
I am very fortunate to still hang out and talk with mom. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!!!!

quilbilly

Big Time Hater

Nice to hear that the old guys are still getting out.....

:)

Latest posts