Ages.

jasmillo

Well I did age one day. I was 82 yesterday and today I'm a year older at 83.

Maybe I did this post for ME.
Happy b-day! I am no longer 1/2 your age. Instead I am 49.39959% your age!

Well, that’s not exactly right but if I did it correctly, I would technically publish my b-day on this forum which I am a tad bit paranoid to do :).

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Yesterday, I found out that I was much older than I thought:

I knew I was getting old when, a few years ago, medical people stopped asking the routine female health question "is there any chance you could be pregnant?" Yesterday, I discovered that I must be approaching "ancient" because the medical assistant asked "Do you live alone, with someone or in a FACILITY?"!!! WTF?! Facility?!!! I asked her how old she thought I was.

She reassured me it was a standard question but it was a new one on me. When I thought about how much my sisters were going to tease me and laugh about it when I told them, I proceeded to laugh so hard for so long that she had to come back later to retake my blood pressure, LOL!

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Yesterday, I found out that I was much older than I thought:

I knew I was getting old when, a few years ago, medical people stopped asking the routine female health question "is there any chance you could be pregnant?" Yesterday, I discovered that I must be approaching "ancient" because the medical assistant asked "Do you live alone, with someone or in a FACILITY?"!!! WTF?! Facility?!!! I asked her how old she thought I was.

She reassured me it was a standard question but it was a new one on me. When I thought about how much my sisters were going to tease me and laugh about it when I told them, I proceeded to laugh so hard for so long that she had to come back later to retake my blood pressure, LOL!
I still get offended when offered the senior discount.....it would be wrong to take it, as I am not eligible .....but they keep asking me....I think its a test.

Would like the know the ages of you people, I'm 82 . So how close are you all to me. And am I the oldest on here or is somebody else older and still trying to fly fish??

Just asking. And hoping to get out more that 4 times this year. I don't think I caught anything last year. I did feel a few tugs.
Happy Birthday Jim - enjoy

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
I got carded for beer at a mini mart recently after turning 58 last week.
I thought the gal was joking at first.
Then I thought that's pretty cool, I don't look young at all, gray beard, balding and she still carded me.
She brought me back down to earth quickly when she said they card everyone, lol.
SF

dld

You know the older you are the longer you will live!!
When I was born, 1948, my life expectancy was 67.
Now that I am 70 my life expectancy is 83.
So no matter what your age try to be as active and fit as possible. You might as well enjoy those extra years you have been given.
Heh, heh, this is a fun one the first time a person wraps his head around it. Life expectancy increases for every average person every day of his life. This is because the person who lives one day is now competing against fewer people since some died at under a day. So, when you get to your life expectancy of 83, your life expectancy will have gone up...to something like 83 and four days.

I'm 41, nearing what the 21 y/o dld figured his life expectancy to be (health issues at the time). Now I'm wondering what retirement is going to look like.

I figure I have time to perfect cooking meats, maybe become a better wood-worker, make a few more folding knives, read some more great books, maybe write a passable one, and build something I haven't yet. Maybe I'll design a falling-block rifle.

Latest posts