Ages.

Skip Enge

Staff member
I rejoiced when I found out I qualified for the Golden Corral discount but got depressed when I realized there were none west of the Cascades.Broke my heart when the one in Moses Lake went down and was replaced by a hipster beer and burger joint.
Aww but there is ...one just opened here! It's kinda busy most of the time...so many cars last weekend , you'd think the pope had landed there.

GOLDEN CORRAL
11801 NE Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98682

"...where the food pours from spigots"

Skip Enge

Staff member
There is a huge enclave of Golden Corral folk. I have yet to be indoctrinated...though my guess is, it is in the same realm as Earl Kelly's Irish Buffet...except they have steak(rubber) on the buffet. I think it's the "experience"...sort of like 3 AM in downtown Portland at the Denny's where the walking wounded find dark solace and endless cups of bad coffee....I dunno?

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Nope because they know the old age facilities don't allow weapons, well, besides the food, LOL!
My doctor told me she was REQUIRED to ask it under a new law. I just refused to answer.

I did read the write-ups in my medical record. I share less information with the medical community as a result.

I made a joke about only smoking cigars when I fly fished and that got written up that I am a smoker. Five cigars a year if that!! Still cannot get it removed.

My comment about preference for pain killers made me look like a addict!! Enough...it is all on a need to know basis at the moment.

Next thing I will probably find my browsing history inside my medical records!!!

Skip Enge

Staff member
My doctor told me she was REQUIRED to ask it under a new law. I just refused to answer.

I did read the write-ups in my medical record. I share less information with the medical community as a result.

I made a joke about only smoking cigars when I fly fished and that got written up that I am a smoker. Five cigars a year if that!! Still cannot get it removed.

My comment about preference for pain killers made me look like a addict!! Enough...it is all on a need to know basis at the moment.

Next thing I will probably find my browsing history inside my medical records!!!
It gets worse after you sign up for medicare

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I got into the habit of parking my Forester in front of my house in the same spot in my driveway. I seem to be a precision parker. I need to change it up a bit.
Sometimes a friend will call me on the phone and ask, "Are you still alive in there?" As if I haven't left my house because I expired. Just because they think that my car hasn't been moved in days, they assume that maybe I must be a rotting corpse by now.:confused: "Just checking!" they say.

Skip Enge

Staff member
I got into the habit of parking my Forester in front of my house in the same spot in my driveway. I seem to be a precision parker. I need to change it up a bit.
Sometimes a friend will call me on the phone and ask, "Are you still alive in there?" As if I haven't left my house because I expired. Just because they think that my car hasn't been moved in days, they assume that maybe I must be a rotting corpse by now.:confused: "Just checking!" they say.
must smell like low tide

KerryS

Ignored Member

I acquired a new PCP the other day. As soon as she started to question me I could tell she hadn’t reviewed my history. I asked her if she had and she admitted she hadn’t. I suggested she do a quick review before we continued and mention a specific document written by my oncologist. A minute or two later I heard her quietly say “Oh my.” The rest of our meeting took on a very different quality.

FT

I'm 64 and have been fly fishing since age 5 when my now 93 yr old fly fishing father taught me to do so.

Sure would be nice to see more youngsters taking up our sport though.

So you only fly fish 5 times a year? You need to get out more..

BaldBob

I got carded for beer at a mini mart recently after turning 58 last week.
I thought the gal was joking at first.
Then I thought that's pretty cool, I don't look young at all, gray beard, balding and she still carded me.
She brought me back down to earth quickly when she said they card everyone, lol.
SF
About 50 years ago a bunch of us stopped at a tavern on our way back from skiing. The waitress came to our table and asked to see ID 's. I said "Are you kidding ? I'm the youngest one here and I'm 28." She looked at me and said "You must have led a hard life."

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
So you only fly fish 5 times a year? You need to get out more..
I was smoking about about 25 packs of the little Canadian port cigars a year....cutting back I was down to about five packs a year when the interview happened.

So I was fishing about 25 days a year. Probably fishing just a bit less since retired. I only fish lakes in the spring and fall.

All the other hobbies have taken over. I have swapped five days of fishing for the geezer hunt in the fall.

But ANY smoke I guess makes you a smoker. I get more than my dose of smoke just living in Wenatchee and working on fires.

Latest posts