Ages.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I didn't have much choice on what to wear. My mother picked out my clothes at that age. My life is a blur at 3 to 9. I can remember damn near all that happened to me from 10 and on.

Wow I hadn't really realized the age of the people on this site. I'm easily the youngest one to post in this thread, at the ripe age of 20. Young enough that there is almost no physical difficulty I won't face in the name of catching fish, and hopefully it'll stay that way for a long time. It's awesome to have the chance to benefit from the many years of collective experience here.

Skip Enge

Staff member
I didn't have much choice on what to wear. My mother picked out my clothes at that age. My life is a blur at 3 to 9. I can remember damn near all that happened to me from 10 and on.
I think same here...i sure don't remember digging out my Robin hood gear to dress myself...I don't remember much before 13...I was a catcher...we played baseball all the time down at the ball park below my house in Camas...I never wore a mask in sandlot games...I crowded the plate behind the batters- finally I took a foul tip hard right in the kisser...knocked out two teeth...knocked me out...when I came to, I remember a crowd around me and my old man asking me "how many fingers?" and "how old are you?" What grade are you in?"...My accuracy was not good in answering...so I blame my loss of memory to that...

JACKspASS

Wow I hadn't really realized the age of the people on this site. I'm easily the youngest one to post in this thread, at the ripe age of 20. Young enough that there is almost no physical difficulty I won't face in the name of catching fish, and hopefully it'll stay that way for a long time. It's awesome to have the chance to benefit from the many years of collective experience here.
Hopefully you will stick around. Just think......in 60+ years you could be the next "Old Man." Well, unless the original lives to 140.

I'm 36

Skip Enge

Staff member
We just like to joke about our "maturity"...or rather, age. A sense of humor however twisted is a good thing to mature into... The problem I have as a sub teacher at a HS...is the things I say in class tend to zoom right over students heads...or is it they don't want to enable the crazy sub teacher? I am not sure? Those teenagers are actually smart sometimes...Speaking of which I gotta head over there...Tonight I am cleaning up after them and they like to leave presents for the custodians. They are clever especially in the bathrooms. chocolate cupcakes from the Home Ec. with icing can fool a guy for a second...and they like to do art projects on the boring looking ceilings. Some are probably just trying to impress me with their expressiveness, since i am a part time substitute art teacher.

Smalma

I'll turn 71 this month. Try to stay active though have found that some days go better than others. For example yesterday morning I had hand spaded about 1/3 of 2,0000 square foot garden and when my back began complaining I quit and thankfully woke to day without any issues.

Still actively fishing though have had to make some "adjustments" in activities. While I still tie my own flies no longer tie any smaller than 18s. Have been wading with a staff for at least a decade and now rarely cover more than 5 or 6 miles in day of stream hiking and wading. While all my joints continue function fairly well I have been forced to take a break from casting every couple hours and when dealing with large fish take a break every dozen of so fish. Continue to explore new waters and fisheries though for some reason I find that I'm spending much more time working on conservation issues and less time fishing than a decade ago.

Curt

o mykiss

I just bought a 33.3 180 gram new one of Patti Smith Live...at the jazz Workshop, Boston 1976...Those young hipsters know how to do it. But thanks to the hipster trend, records are 6-10 times as expensive as they were in the 70's when i first bought them.
In real dollars, I suspect they are about the same. I did most of my initial vinyl collecting in the late 70s/early 80s. I recall that new records were around $7-8 a pop back then. I've started collecting again in the last few years. Now they are usually priced in the low to mid-twenties, which is about spot on the money with inflation over that time. Plus the vinyl quality is much higher. And I often find new records at less than $20 a pop - for example, I bought a couple Parquet Courts records last year and I think they were $12-13 a piece. What can be expensive are used records that are no longer in print.

P.S. I'm 53.

Latest posts