Ages.

75, within sight of 76. I hiked up to fish what I decided was my last mountain lake last year, not because of the age, but because I weigh 93 pounds more than when I graduated from high school.

After long thought, I've decided that an optimum life span these days, barring painful and debilitating illness, is in the mid-eighties. So I'm hoping to get as much as I can from my last decade.

jamma

I'm also about to turn 70. Here are some thoughts:

Cons -
1. We live in a much younger world. Sometimes the young ones can be intolerant
2. We are often not respected for our wisdom and knowledge.
3. Our bodies don't function as well and our skin is saggy

But here is the silver lining
1. We are old enough to remember movies on the Classic Movie channel and love seeing them
2. We are pros at dancing to Rock and Roll. Hell we invented it!
3. We qualify for many discounts through AARP.
4. We are sages, very wise people. Just ask, and we'll be happy to inform our young counterparts.
Two words-Senior discount.

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
64 and still looking forward to new adventures as long as I can.
Been in southwest Florida for a few days to warm up a bit and caught my first Oscars on a popper bug (no Peacock bass - yet).
The alligators in these ponds get awfully curious with the fish at the end of my line. Glad we don’t have them in Puget Sound.
New fly fishing exploits keep me feeling younger than I am.

Jojo

I have been celebrating my 38th birthday for almost as long as @Jojo but after some health issues a few years ago, I won't be joining her on any 10k's.
I ran my last big race last May. No more for me. I run only for health. Running is the only thing that I’ve ever been better than average at doing. But if I had a choice of what I am good at I would much rather be able to fly fish like you @Freestone . I don’t even love running.

Latest posts