Hoppin' Down to Maupin

jamma

Seriously considering going down to Maupin Tuesday.Anyone been there lately?What kind of condition is the river in?

Skip Enge

Staff member
Godammit!Nice fish.Unfortunately I'm lying here in bed with a stiff back.Soon as I'm able,I'm going there.Thanks for the report.
stiff back again?...you need an ergonomic chair when you do your marathon fly tying...That hunching over will kill ya!

jamma

stiff back again?...you need an ergonomic chair when you do your marathon fly tying...That hunching over will kill ya!
Not that kind of back pain.Have had episodes with back spasms for many years,even when I was running 5k every day.There was one incident when I got off work on a Friday morning and the pain set in,you know,the kind where it takes two minutes to roll off the couch and stand up.Lasted all weekend and when I lay down to sleep to go to work on Monday, I was thinking no way am I going to be able to work but let's see.Woke up,nothing.Went to work and threw 80# shafts all night without a twinge,it was like it never happened.Have never had sciatica.Brother had the same issues.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Not that kind of back pain.Have had episodes with back spasms for many years,even when I was running 5k every day.There was one incident when I got off work on a Friday morning and the pain set in,you know,the kind where it takes two minutes to roll off the couch and stand up.Lasted all weekend and when I lay down to sleep to go to work on Monday, I was thinking no way am I going to be able to work but let's see.Woke up,nothing.Went to work and threw 80# shafts all night without a twinge,it was like it never happened.Have never had sciatica.Brother had the same issues.
I have sciatica and have for a long time...I go to a witch doctor chiropractor, because i believe in it...and it helps soooo much. Maybe your new nickname should be "spazzz?" Sorry to hear it's acting up again J.

jamma

I have sciatica and have for a long time...I go to a witch doctor chiropractor, because i believe in it...and it helps soooo much. Maybe your new nickname should be "spazzz?" Sorry to hear it's acting up again J.
It's not too bad.Just acts up in the morning.Doesn't hurt,just can't straighten up and walk right.It has been loosening up in the evenings so I think I'll be alright before long.Thanx for the concern.

Latest posts