Streamers

jersey

livin' the dream
Looking for some ideas on streamers for a trip to Wyoming in a few weeks. Would like to tie some larger patterns for use, but would like some ideas on "lighter" patterns.

Hoping to get some ideas on synthetics or other materials where a bulky pattern can be created without all the weight of wet rabbit.

Boufaces are already tied in black and olive, but would like to get a bit more creative with some new patterns.

Thanks

Mfish

Google streamers and tandem streamer and check out the images. Also check out Kelly Galloup on you tube and the google images of his streamer patterns.

Fish- ON

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
No pattern suggestions, but color wise solid white and something with yellow in it should always be in your streamer box.
SF

Max P

I like scupzilla in all sorts of size when fishing rivers for trout. Another favorite for big browns is sex dungeon. I like olive tones for both patterns.

jersey

livin' the dream
don't do much streamer fishing due to my trout pursuits find me on smaller rivers/streams in the Sierra Nevada. Excited to give it a whirl in WY. Looking for some pattern ideas and most show up with rabbit via google searches. Just a bit anxious a large double bunny will be too tough to dredge up and cast out.

Kelly's patterns seem to be on the lighter side...will be using a heavy 5Wt and most likely will bring a 7wt and maybe try a micro-spey from my BIL. He has a 4wt Micro.

Thanks so far you guys, really appreciate the help.

Max P

don't do much streamer fishing due to my trout pursuits find me on smaller rivers/streams in the Sierra Nevada. Excited to give it a whirl in WY. Looking for some pattern ideas and most show up with rabbit via google searches. Just a bit anxious a large double bunny will be too tough to dredge up and cast out.

Kelly's patterns seem to be on the lighter side...will be using a heavy 5Wt and most likely will bring a 7wt and maybe try a micro-spey from my BIL. He has a 4wt Micro.

Thanks so far you guys, really appreciate the help.
don't overlook those scupzillas for the sierra nevada streams, I would fish some small ones on a 4 wt when I lived in Reno fishing the tahoe area.

jersey

livin' the dream
Thanks Max. I’ll give it a go in a short time up there. Just got a good snow, so hope to have some good water this year.

jersey

livin' the dream
Funny, @Swimmy started with your bug to get into the bigger patterns. Cracked out a half dozen and then realized I left the flash out of the tail... oh well.

Gonna start articulated this weekend, sculpzillas as prescribed above. Lookin forward to trying some others too.

jersey

livin' the dream
20180324_212504.jpg
This is what's come out of the vise so far. Multiples of each and some color/matterial changes.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Latest posts