Skagit rally

Salmo_g

Yeah, we can have that kind of rally too, but only once the Skagit fishing season re-opens. Meanwhile, it will really, really help to rally the troops and phone and email NMFS Regional Administrator, Barry Thom and express your support for re-opening the Skagit now, not later. Barry is the guy who will sign the Record of Decision (ROD) that gives the approval to WDFW to open the season. Even though the deadline for public comment was Jan. 8, NMFS is hearing from the vocal opposition to the proposed Skagit steelhead season. If you want to fish, it can only help the cause if you express your support by ringing Barry's phone off the hook and flooding his email. If you want to extend your support of Occupy Skagit to the goal line, this is your chance to make a difference. Thanks.

[email protected]

503-231-6266

If Barry's secretary who answers the phone and checks his email gets swamped and irritated, she will make sure Barry gets this done.

Perhaps include a thank you to WDFW leadership, Region 4 staff, and the Commission for prioritizing monitoring and enforcement funding to implement this fishery.

That was a big haul on a quick turnaround under tight budgets, and something that was far from assured just a month ago. Good for them to see appreciation, which helps provide a strong mandate for continuing to steward this fishery.

Nothing 100% confirmed, but word is we'll see an announcement of federal permit in hand and a March 15 through April fishery this week.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Text of my email:

Mr. Thom,

I'm Wayne Cline with Occupy Skagit. As I understand it you're getting quite a few negative comments about opening the Skagit. In talking with Barkdull he seems to believe the plan is pretty tight and can survive a lawsuit. If you feel a lawsuit is coming, my vote would be to approve the plan and let them unleash their dogs. If NOAA is not willing to stand up to the WFC, then we might as well hand over management to them.

Thanks for all you've done up to this point!

Ringleader of Occupy Skagit

Wayne W. Cline

BDD

This is good stuff; thanks for posting Sg. I would love to let Mr. Thom know how I feel on the subject.

It reminds me of the scene in Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne got the $200 and a bunch of books to start the library. The sender requested that he stop sending his weekly letters as they were tired of the correspondence from Andy and they now considered the case closed. What did Andy do? He started writing two letters a week instead of just one.

Have not had the flu in years...despite getting a shot earlier this year, I feel a bug coming on right about next Thursday or so.

This is good stuff; thanks for posting Sg. I would love to let Mr. Thom know how I feel on the subject.

It reminds me of the scene in Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne got the $200 and a bunch of books to start the library. The sender requested that he stop sending his weekly letters as they were tired of the correspondence from Andy and they now considered the case closed. What did Andy do? He started writing two letters a week instead of just one.

Have not had the flu in years...despite getting a shot earlier this year, I feel a bug coming on right about next Thursday or so.
To be honest you are sounding a bit horse already.

Latest posts