NFR 2018 Yard/Garden Thread

b_illymac

Member Active
Lots of projects this year-

-We are going to get chickens again. Before we do I need to rebuild a run for them.
-Rebuild garden area with raised beds
-Flower Beds. I really want to establish them and make them easier to maintain
-Pruining/Trimming
-Side yard shaded pathway
-Shade for deck
-Restain deck

Let's hear about and see those projects!

Skip Enge

25 feet of peas planted...new bed and deer protection up ...greenhouse will be assembled at end of the week and all veggies and flowers planted by the end of the first week of march I hope...leeks growing favas growing...planted 200 garlic bulbs in the fall will pull some for spring garlic...looks like ramps , lemon grass made it...oca fell vitim to the deer...the bastiches!

Last edited:

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Pruning done
Pain-in-the-ass Junipers have been removed
Young neighbor's Maple trees have been pruned
Another neighbor's garden spot has been enlarged/tilled/fenced
Weed pre-emergent is down in non-lawn areas
Still need to remove the residual "nook & cranny" leaves after the spring winds quit
Fertilize lawn after soil temp rises 10 more degrees
Paint my storage barn
And then - just edge, mow & trim roses

'Tis enough . . . the majority of my summer time will be dedicated to my Kids, Grandson, family along with the occasional fishing trip and range visits.

Lots of projects this year-

-We are going to get chickens again. Before we do I need to rebuild a run for them.
-Rebuild garden area with raised beds
-Flower Beds. I really want to establish them and make them easier to maintain
-Pruining/Trimming
-Side yard shaded pathway
-Shade for deck
-Restain deck
When are you going to fish?:rolleyes:

Salmo_g

I pruned my fruit trees a week or so ago. Then yesterday I repaired one of my raised beds. One 2x12 had cupped enough to pull out the deck screws I had originally built it with, so I put the corner back together with a steel angle brace and 3/8" diameter lag screws. Then I added some topsoil alongside the patio I had poured last fall. I tapered it across to the flower bed so the grass will sorta' meet the patio like it was all planned that way originally.

I've got some more pruning to do on bushes/plants and transplant some small rhododendrons. Plenty to do, but not so much as to interfere with fishing.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Always gardening, year round.

Cleared a spot for expanding the berry patch with the tractor Saturday, seeds are sprouting in the start house, getting the flower borders and back yard drawn up.....garlic and shallots planted last fall are rockin and rollin...still eating some of last years greens.
Mowed the lawn a few weeks ago, its time.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I still have a foot of snow on the ground. Likely won't see my yard until April. And I don't have a green thumb.

Buzzy

Float tube: packed
fly rods: strung
waders packed: check
fins packed: check
sonar unit fresh batteries: check

Oh, yard and garden - Billy, you're killing me. I need to pressure wash the gazebo and back steps and reseal them. Walnut tree: pruned and so are the Asian pear trees. Roses - almost pruned. I need to rebuild three raised beds and the drip system. Last year we removed ten large juniper bushes and now we have a view of the neighbors back yard. Fence time.

But first: Japan and grandson visit. Then Montana in April/May and BC in June.....

rotato

We recieved some teen age chicks from a friend this winter, and one grew into a rooster. It was getting pretty violent in the run as he developed rapey behavior. So after an excellent morning of rezzie fishing @River Pig and I decided to keep the Me Too movement going. After dispatching, he was converted into tamales which were excellent, however the girls are deathly scared of me. I was careful not to expose them to any nepharious dealings but they know...
I'm smoothing things over with food scraps and worms.

Anybody run a chicken tractor? Pretty good tool.

Latest posts