Rare winter Western Washington stream resident trout fishing report

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Why do some people get their panties in a bunch over a picture of a fish. He didn't name where he was fishing at. Yet some just can't take what's happening out there. If these pictures bother you, don't look at them. And if fishing bothers you, DON"T FISH. A very simple approach to it all.

I didn't name names, but you all know who I'm talking about.
Because the majority of people on this site don't even fish and get jealous.

What a surprise. Mostly, we wanted to go for a walk in the woods by the river. We wondered, Should we string up a rod? Might as well, we decided. Not five minutes into casting into a deep, slow glide, my indicator dipped and I set into what felt like a decent fish. I ended up landing what is by far my largest resident fish from non-anadromous waters in Western Washington. The fish gobbled a prince nymph.

And to think I almost didn't "bother" to fish.
Super high quality. That's awesome. You have zero chance to catch that without casting at all. You have a snowball's chance in hell with a couple casts which is better than zero.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
After reading a few reports, it has me wondering what is still open in Western Washington's Skinny waters.

I just looked at your regs on Skinny water. Good grief. They list damn near every squiggly blue line over on the wet side. You can go nuts trying to figure out where to fish. And some that used to be open all summer long are now only open for one month. Who in the hell ever dreamed up these regs. Is it worth it to even get a year long license.

Last edited:
Western Washington you say? Guess I know where I’m fishing this weekend.

Good stuff man. It’s reports like this that make me throw my fishing gear in the truck even when I’m skeptical of conditions.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Western Washington you say? Guess I know where I’m fishing this weekend.

Good stuff man. It’s reports like this that make me throw my fishing gear in the truck even when I’m skeptical of conditions.
This must have been an "outlier event." One-inna-zillion. Everyone knows that the wetside sucks for non-anadramous fish. Won't ever happen again. You drysiders should stick to heading further East...to "Montana."
You come over here, you are susceptible to fungus infections of the feet, crotch rot, and general mildew around your raggedy edges. However, we'd love to have come and visit, and verify this truth!;)

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I’m only offended by the ‘check your estrogen level’ comment. :D
Hell, at my age, I'm also offended! I have a blood test and a mini-computer I use to determine my warfarin (blood thinner) level, but they didn't give me anything to check my E or T levels. :confused:Rat bastards!

Tmik

That's a beautiful fish!

I constantly feel like I am missing something in these posts. I have zero clue where it could have occurred but the response feels like GPS coordinates were provided. Maybe my detective skills are just very dull. I find myself in this position often on the forum :D.

Latest posts