NFR Oh Shit

jasmillo

OMJ, as I have mentioned before, you are an inspiration to us “younger”folks (I am literally half your age). If I get out once at 82, I will count my proverbial blessings.

If I lived in MT, I’d drive you to some skinny water. I’d even point out where to cast if the eyes were an issue.

Don’t be pissed at the lady, just doing her job. She might have a point. I recall you posting recently about how difficult it was to drive on the highway these days. This is probably why.

Someone take this man fishing soon!

David Loy

Senior Moment
I hear it’s life changing, this from the Doc who operated on my detached retina a month ago. My eyesight should return to normal in +- 2 months, whatever normal is. For me it used to be exceptional, but years at a computer hasn’t helped. Your billion posts hasn’t either, but I’d bet cataract surgery helps a lot. That and a copious supply of the blue pills.
Best wishes.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Cataracts don't usually make it hard to read the top line but diabetes does. that's why I asked.
Every time I go to the doctor I get blood work done. My health that way is clear. I just have the little things wrong with me that comes with age. Like two bad knees, a bad back, Essential Tremors, Cataract's, False teeth. But other than all that I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. If I live much longer I might get my knees done. I would like to walk better and climb stairs again.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
I'm damn near 83 and I have had Medicare since I was 65. And yes I do have some kind of supplemental health insurance.
I had both done in last June use to wear glasses all my life now none when you get it done just watch as you go thru the line of people getting it done mine cost 6.5 K and the medicare does not pay for the expensive one just the one you still have to wear glasses good luck

Old Man

Just an Old Man
My wife got hers done and the cost to us was 5 bucks an eye. Medicare and supplement insurance paid the rest. Maybe it's cheaper here in Montana.

Krusty

OMJ...everybody I know that's had it done says it's like a new lease on life. I've got the start of cataracts too.

That lady could have saved you from a tragic vehicle wreck.
Soon you'll have no excuse fer misrerepresentin the size of the fish you catch. :)

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Sorry to hear. Depending on proximity, if you need help getting groceries, running errands, etc. or want to go fishing prior to your cataract surgery, I'm happy to help in any way I can.
I'm fine. My wife is my wheels for now. This is just a small set back for now. I don't want to go fishing as there is still to much god damn snow here. And as old as I am, I not up to walking anyplace. As soon as I get my eyes back I'll be out and about.

Cataracts are one of those things that sneak up on ya. For the last couple of years, I've been complaining to my wife for always turning off the lights and why does she always want to sit around in the dark. I've been needing to turn the lights on bright any time I want to read something and the TV screen just doesn't seem as bright as it used to; must be the new flat screen we got. Then I had an eye appointment... Cataract surgery apparently is in my future, thought not imminently. The doc explained that it is one of those things that usually develops slowly and you don't notice as it happens, but as so many others on this post have noted, you really notice when you have surgery and can see clearly again!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Eye doctor said it was clouding my vision on the sides. I could read the middle set of numbers but the ones to the side were blurry. Who am I to argue with a doctor. Right now I don't have very good vision to the sides. I hold my fingers up to the side and I can't see my fingers, but if I move them I can.

You have to be brave to get old. There is so much that can go wrong without you knowing about it. It all sneaks up on you.

Skip Enge

Staff member
Eye doctor said it was clouding my vision on the sides. I could read the middle set of numbers but the ones to the side were blurry. Who am I to argue with a doctor. Right now I don't have very good vision to the sides. I hold my fingers up to the side and I can't see my fingers, but if I move them I can.

You have to be brave to get old. There is so much that can go wrong without you knowing about it. It all sneaks up on you.
My mom is 92...she sort says the same sort of stuff...

JACKspASS

My g/f Grandma is going on 99yrs old! I think you have to be brave and tough. You are just a youngin' OMJ. :D

The ones that I see who live a long time are the ones who stay active and engaged.

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
I went to get my drivers license renewed today. She said read the top line and I said what top line. It was all blurry. She took my license away from me. I asked her can I have it back so I could drive home. She said no and to call a taxi. I left, got in my truck and went to see an Eye Doctor. Well it will be a long time till I get to drive again. I have to have cataract surgery done in both eyes. Can't get to see the Doctor of Eyes until April. And then about 3 more weeks until I done. :(:(:(

Well skinny water doesn't open up until the 3rd Saturday in May. I should be good to go by then. Shit I hope so.:confused:
Oh shit! Take care Jim.

Latest posts