Worthless report.

Rob Allen

Dropped the wife at the airport at noon and headed north.. spent the afternoon swinging a Cowlitz trib ,something i rarely do as it's wild only.
Saw a couple redds dug in a tail out so that's encouraging.
20180305_164706.jpg

Sorry i am not a good photographer
Heading west and planning to fish a couple LC tribs tomorrow. It'll take a bit of luck to find a fish but you never know

Last edited:

skyrise

Rob, so would you say hitting the Washougal or Kalama is not to good in March these days? I don’t get down that way anymore since my folks passed away.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Rob, the issue with shooting a shot like the one you have is the same one you will have using plain sunglasses while looking into the water. The glare off the surface of the water prevents you from seeing past the surface. The same reasons fishermen wear polarized sunglasses to cut through the glare, so will the photographer use a circular polarizing filter on their lens to eliminate the surface glare allowing the camera to “see” through the surface.

Rob Allen

Rob, the issue with shooting a shot like the one you have is the same one you will have using plain sunglasses while looking into the water. The glare off the surface of the water prevents you from seeing past the surface. The same reasons fishermen wear polarized sunglasses to cut through the glare, so will the photographer use a circular polarizing filter on their lens to eliminate the surface glare allowing the camera to “see” through the surface.
The only camera i have is my phone and i only wear sunglasses for trout fishing in the sun..

Fished from first light till 1 pm today had one bump that might have been a sea run. It's nice having two hole rivers all to yourself.

Rob Allen

Rob, so would you say hitting the Washougal or Kalama is not to good in March these days? I don’t get down that way anymore since my folks passed away.

According to the fish checker i talked to today it seems as though it's just a poor year for fishing. Don't know if it's been the conditions or a lack of fish. I live on the eastish side now it's hard to get a feel for whats going on on the coast.

Based on the guage i use i was kinda expecting higher water but it was very low.

As for the Washougal and Kalama March has historically been a very good time to fish thoes rivers.

According to the fish checker i talked to today it seems as though it's just a poor year for fishing. Don't know if it's been the conditions or a lack of fish. I live on the eastish side now it's hard to get a feel for whats going on on the coast.

Based on the guage i use i was kinda expecting higher water but it was very low.

As for the Washougal and Kalama March has historically been a very good time to fish thoes rivers.
Yeah, our local fish checker takes pity on the newbs and says nobody is catching fish too. :p

Klickrolf

You guys gotta admit the Poke works. Hopefully it's not needed but when it is needed it works, and works good! When I'm using a short rod and a long line it becomes much more friendly, and I don't care what it looks like because I'm fishing, instead of stripping!

Nothing that requires effort is useless Rob, assumed you knew that.

Latest posts