Worthless report.

Rob Allen

You guys gotta admit the Poke works. Hopefully it's not needed but when it is needed it works, and works good! When I'm using a short rod and a long line it becomes much more friendly, and I don't care what it looks like because I'm fishing, instead of stripping!

Nothing that requires effort is useless Rob, assumed you knew that.

it works but it doesn't have the aesthetics i like to demonstrate while i am fishing. I do it on occasion when i screw up but more commonly i'll throw the line back downstream and start over

Klickrolf

I don't like starting over when I'm fishing.

I do like the aesthetics of a straight and long cast lay out though, even if it needed correction.

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Lol never would have guessed Rob was so concerned with how he looks while fishing.

Maybe it's time for some advice from @Swimmy. Bet he can have you looking like a proper dapper gentleman to match your beautiful casting in no time

It's not about me looking good. It's about me feeling good about my own performance.
Snap tee is a low performance cast.
Like monster trucks at a nascar race. Sure it's part of the entertainment but it isn't in the race it just cant keep up and it looks hideous.

It's not about me looking good. It's about me feeling good about my own performance.
Snap tee is a low performance cast.
Like monster trucks at a nascar race. Sure it's part of the entertainment but it isn't in the race it just cant keep up and it looks hideous.

Your correct Rolf it works. Its a great recovery cast if you screw up the anchor on a single spey and thats pretty much it. Actually now that I think about it you can do a poke in front of every spey cast imaginable. Double snake poke, spiral single poke, double spiral single double poke when you really just cant decide what cast to make or your just a pokeaholic and think it looks cool? Mean while Skagititus is slowly creeping in to your world and its not good.

A big grey goatee is soon to follow and also the flat billed hat.

Klickrolf

Your correct Rolf it works. Its a great recovery cast if you screw up the anchor on a single spey and thats pretty much it...
The poke has many other uses. If you use longer lines you can poke a bunch of line out in front so you don't have to deal with obstructions at your back. There are lots of situations where pokes do much more than save a single spey, upstream wind is another one. Keeping your cast low is another one...

Latest posts