Norway flyfishing experience?

miyawaki

Leland, are you gonna host one in 2019? If so I might be able to pull that off, how much are the plane tickets?
Don't know about next year. This is an experiment by the NFC to see if any hardcore PNW steel headers want to speycast for Salmon. I looked into some airfares and saw that they were around 1200 or so. I was looking to go through Amsterdam. Nothing like a few days of craziness!

Leland.

Don't know about next year. This is an experiment by the NFC to see if any hardcore PNW steel headers want to speycast for Salmon. I looked into some airfares and saw that they were around 1200 or so. I was looking to go through Amsterdam. Nothing like a few days of craziness!

Leland.
Yes, I'm planing for 2019 as well, and didn’t mention that in my initial post. From what I've been reading and talking with people about, spey casting on the Gaula is what I'm after. Expensive, yes, but DIY will be expensive also and likely far less productive. It’s a bucket list trip for me and want to do it right.

newfydog

I fished there once, at a friend's family cabin by a mountain lake. We got skunked in the evening, so the ever practical Norwegians put out a gill net over night. Trout for breakfast.

Latest posts