Bios who have worked with Salmon Recovery?

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
@Salmo_g
@Smalma

Others?

A 4/5 th graders at the school I work at are working on a project and they need to interview someone for their Passion Project. Let me know if you would be interested in a phone or in person interview.

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
You might consider contacting your local WDFW Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group director. They are at the tip of the spear in the effort to restore salmon runs in Washington state. They're doing the watershed restoration work, in stream work, sampling and testing, monitoring, etc., alongside the tribes and NOAA and the USGS.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/volunteer/rfeg/

Jim Darden

Your description of the project makes it hard to know how to help....does a "Passion Project" involve hookers, or only catch and release folks???

BDD

Didn’t you just spend 4 days fishing with a bio involved with salmon recovery? He’s good enough to fish with but not good enough for your students?:eek:

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Didn’t you just spend 4 days fishing with a bio involved with salmon recovery? He’s good enough to fish with but not good enough for your students?:eek:
Yeah, kinda missed the boat on that one. Most of the time he talked about other species, not salmon, but yeah I’m an idiot.

Salmo_g

I have a bit of experience in this field, although it was habitat management, then salmon restoration, and after the ESA listings it became salmon recovery. I'm uncertain about how much of what I have to say is fit for 4th and 5th graders to hear though. That is, much of what I post here on the forum seems to go over the heads of some of the resident adults . . .

Latest posts