NFR Maybe We Need a New Forum Category

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I'm rained in. NO, horse people, I'm not reigned in. Rained in. There's a difference. I think. I hope. Well, maybe.:confused:

edit: weather's s'posed to improve starting tomorrow.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Hell it got up to 45 degrees today. We got a heat wave. I can almost see my grass where the snow has melted away. But they are forecasting more snow on the horizon. Bummer.:(:(:(

Krusty

I try not to post many NFR threads, though i do comment on them. But my fishing report would be pretty boring and redundant. it would go something like this:

1. Tied on a size 12 parachute Adams or maybe it was a size 10, i don’t know, it was large enough so that i could thread my tippet through it.

2. Damnit, how did my fingers forget how to tie my swirl knot? Guess i’ll Have to use the clinch knot. I hate that one so much.

3. I found some safe water where i didn’t have to hike too far in and could wade out up past my knees without fear of being swept down river.

4. Oh good no wind. Adams is floating with the parachute up so i can see it. That’s great! Damnit, i hate mending.

5. OOps didn’t see that brush behind me. Oh good, my parachute Adams is safe. No worse for the wear. OH, but this that a wind knot? Crap. Oh well i’m not changing it, the fish i catch never break off my tippet.

6. Hmmm. Nothing happening. OK, new fly. Tying on a Madam X. She is always good to me usually.

7. (Three casts later, no action) OK, let’s try the Royal Wulff.

8. (Six casts later) Maybe i should try a smaller parachute Adams.

9. Damn, i can’t see to tie on my tippet. I need stronger readers.

10. OK, maybe a caddis this time, those are easy to see.

11. Damn that bush. Oh shoot, it took my fly.

12. Time for a beer.
That pretty much matches most of my fishing excursions for the past 50+ years (60+ if you don't include having another beer). I enjoyed every damn minute of it, but it doesn't exactly evoke images from the cover of Field & Stream.

A great day of fishing doesn't have to involve a peak experience or major aquatic ecosystem analytical project...in fact...the more mundane the better.

NFR postings don't generally bother me...they often involve something interesting...but if not, I just ignore them.

Last edited:
I’ve got a sage one 8wt 10’. It throws a 280/300ish grain head like a dream. It empties the stripping basket quite nicely.... There’s my 2 cents.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
After a few weeks of observation, I would suggest a topic where all the miserable and negative people could gather and co-miserate, and be negative about everything. It could be called The Whine Cellar.
I think they already have one. It's called the Conservation Forum.:oops::oops::rolleyes:

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
After a few weeks of observation, I would suggest a topic where all the miserable and negative people could gather and co-miserate, and be negative about everything. It could be called The Whine Cellar.
Start a thread.

I'm happy to play but I'll probably just end up making fun of you.

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Why would I do that?
What else you got going on today?

But I could ask what you are wearing today?
I'm in AZ visiting my folks. We tee off here in an hour so I'm wearing a light blue, striped Foot Joy Space dye self collar wit Black Bull logo. It has exclusive ProDry fabrication that provides superior moisture control that quickly wicks, keeping me dry and comfortable the whole round. It also has an extra long tail making tuck ins a snap.

It is the highlight of my outfit.

They live on #2 green, #3 tee.

Latest posts