Hola from Baja

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Dorado from the beach??? Do you all realize how epic that is???
Yeah it was nuts, I never saw that coming. I just waded out as far as I could and was bombing blind casts when all of a sudden the birds came in slamming bait right in front of me. I thought, oh that's a good sign, strip strip, boom, zip, zip, ziiiiiiiiipp, fish on. This pair of Dorado chased the same bait ball into the beach that the birds did. Right place right time I guess. The other one followed that fish all the way back too. I could have reached out and grabbed the other one, it didn't leave until I had that fish literally on the beach. Actually unreal. Coolest fish I've caught to date.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Awesome! Just guessing you were somewhere around the lighthouse? No telling what you might hook off the beach there.
It was not, this was in the La Paz area yesterday, but I did go to the lighthouse today. I have a friend who has a place down there and we took his panga all over the bay today. The fish didn't show us any love on the fly, not from a lack of trying, but we did boat one yellow fin and several skip Jack's on bait.

Latest posts