WTB 8 weight single hand line, float with fast sink tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find an integrated line for my brother in law for an 8 weight rod he bought recently. He doesn't/won't river fish very often so the cost of buying new is a bit excessive. He would like to use it for winter steelhead and/or salmon in season in our local rivers. Wanting a WF F/S. Will need a very quick descent tip portion, type 8 IS would be best.

If you have something lying around you want to dispose of please give me a shout, either by text (604-318-2236) or by pm or by posting here. Let me know type, condition and price and we can try to get him set up.

jim52

Olds. Jim here. My fav line.
Might be in luck. I have a new box of sonar 8wt floating sink tip. ..I just today put on a new reel I bought. But I actually prefer a 7.
I bought the line ., the bought a 7 wt rod instead of an 8.
Anyway here's the pic 39.oo shipped.
Or have one coil of Jim teeny 400'gr sink tip. I bought for an 8 wt.
Used but maybe 2 times. 29.00

Attachments

• IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    886.8 KB · Views: 18
Jim:

I can't tell from the photo....it is a bit blurry. What is the sink rate on this line? Price is fine if the sink rate is fast enough.

Let me know and if it works we can deal with payment and shipping, etc....I would have it sent to Lynden to keep cost of shipping for you down.....the border seems to almost double the cost.

jim52

Thanks your correct shipping across the boarder is expensive... I have some friends in Newfie.. ship to them pretty regularly.. thE sink rate is
5.50 -6.50 ips. That's for 5-9. So this is an 8. I would say it's probably 6 ips. It's a 210 Gr head ..... normally I use the coastal express Which they rebranded as sonar ... but it's the sonar cold water r 30 I need ... I could easily use it .? But I saw your post It normally sells for 79 I paid 39 with my f f discount. Thanks. Jim

Jim:

Thanks. I have sent my bros in law a message and will get back to you as soon as he emails me. I would expect him to get back to me tonight or tomorrow morning. Talk to you then. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts