Terrible News at NW Fly Fishing Magazine

T

Trapper

That is very sad news indeed. I worked with Jon on many, many projects back 10 years or so ago. He was a very easy man to work with and a top notch designer.

Buzzy

Thanks for letting us know Dave. I didn’t personally know Jon but sure appreciated his fly tying creativity. Sad to hear of his passing.

nb_ken

A boating accident while on assignment for the magazine. I wonder what happened.

Very sad.

suckegg

The short version:
Last Wednesday morning they were running up a river in Texas to start the days fishing when they hit a rock. The operator understandably loss control of the tiller and then hit a stump. Jon was ejected onto the bank and suffer a serious lower leg laceration. Off to the emergency room for treatment and the following day he flew home under great duress. I talked to him Friday and he told me what happened. Later Friday a bacterial infection set in and it was all downhill from there, he was gone in less than 24 hrs. Turns out it was a type of bacteria there is no way to stop.

Jon took emense pride in his work and possessed complimentary talents as well as drive. He was a great husband and father who raised two outstanding young boys. We sure had a lot of fun fishing and doing the photography thing over last 25 or so years. My heart goes out to the whole family.

creekx

Director of Stoke
The short version:
Last Wednesday morning they were running up a river in Texas to start the days fishing when they hit a rock. The operator understandably loss control of the tiller and then hit a stump. Jon was ejected onto the bank and suffer a serious lower leg laceration. Off to the emergency room for treatment and the following day he flew home under great duress. I talked to him Friday and he told me what happened. Later Friday a bacterial infection set in and it was all downhill from there, he was gone in less than 24 hrs. Turns out it was a type of bacteria there is no way to stop.

Jon took emense pride in his work and possessed complimentary talents as well as drive. He was a great husband and father who raised two outstanding young boys. We sure had a lot of fun fishing and doing the photography thing over last 25 or so years. My heart goes out to the whole family.
So sorry for your loss. That is so sudden and tragic.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts