Place to buy materials for Squimp and Delia Squid

Jiminsandiego

I'm going to attempt to tie these two flies for SRC (and Coho) and have a shopping list gleaned from Nick Clayton's videos (by the way thank you Nick). I shopped around some on line. Golden pheasant tippets (for Squimp) seem to vary quite a bit. White saddle hackle is also something I will need. The rest of the materials are pretty basic but it would be nice to be able to place an order with one or two companies that sell everything on my list. Any guidance for this total newbie would be much appreciated.

Jiminsandiego

Unfortunately Holiday Sports is pretty much all I have within driving distance (45 min). So I pretty much buy online. I do wish I had a fly shop nearby, but I'll look into the companies websites you listed and thanks for the input.

nailbender

There's a fly shop in Bellingham, I think its called Confluence ? or something close to that. Never been but its not that far from you.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Waters West has about the best selection around for tying materials. I order from them online quite a bit and have always been pleased with their site and speedy shipping

SaltyCutt

Beach Bum
WFF Supporter
Unfortunately Holiday Sports is pretty much all I have within driving distance (45 min). So I pretty much buy online. I do wish I had a fly shop nearby, but I'll look into the companies websites you listed and thanks for the input.
Ah, figured you were local with the patterns you are tying, Waters West has the best on line store for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

plecoptera419

Holidays fly tying selection sucks! I do alot of mail order business with Pacific Fly Fishers these days, and the shipping has always been super fast. If I am going to do a big order I tend to give the state tax man the finger and use the Caddisfly shop in OR.

Jiminsandiego

Thanks for all the input folks. I just paced an order with Waters West. Natural colored Golden Pheasant Tippet ( almost went with the orange). Some Shell Pink Marabou and Shrimp Pink Chenille should get me started on a Sqimp pattern. For the Delia Squid... Tan Marabou, Opalescent White Estaz for the Delia Squid. The Gam SS15 hooks because the Tiemco 811s were too pricey. 5/32 cone heads (have some 5/32 beads). I have silver thread and some orange thread that I will try. I also have a very nice, very light tan saddle hackle that will have to do for now. I figure this will give me the materials I need to at least come close to Nicks patterns. $30 I am hoping that the SRC will be sorry I forked out. Thanks again, and if I do get a SRC (on these patterns) rest assured I'll be making a post. Jim

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
The Confluence Fly shop in Bellingham at the harbor. Squalicum loop. Nice shop well stocked with knowledgable staff.
I buy all my stuff there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts