Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

WFF classifieds rules update.

WFF 
1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mumbles 
#1 ·
I've adjusted the WFF classified rules to now support small business ads. Updates...

Rules: Updated 3/28/2018. The sponsor program as it was has been retired. (no issues at all, a decision made unrelated to this rule change) Adjustments are being made to allow business usage of the classifieds. As for this change, primarily it's support for small businesses. (shops, guides, fly tiers, low volume hobby business stuff, etc) We'll see how it goes and make adjustments as needed.

Business

The WFF classifieds is a service intended for it's forum members. Business use of the classifieds assumes a respectful approach and transactions with minimal issues. Business usage is a privilege.
  • Your listings are free.
  • Your items should be relevant. It's a fly fishing gear classifieds.
  • If a business, your WFF forum ID should be your name or business name. Your signature should simply identify your business by linked title and a description and contact info if you wish.
  • Please everyone communicate well and get tracking id's.
  • It's not an auction. Every item should be priced.
  • Follow the approach requested of everyone, outlined below.

#3 ·
Perhaps we have different definitions of small businesses but I must disagree. I see this as harmful to brick and mortar fly shops.

I too tie some custom flies for specific groups as a side business. I never mentioned that here in deference to the shops who sell flies and support this site. It is my understanding that fly shops make good margin on flies and it's a key part of their business.

I'm happy to be wrong on this issue. This is Chris' site and if he and his shop sponsors are OK with some smaller tying or guiding companies advertising here that's great.

I'm not really looking to expand but it's a nice option to have.

#7 ·
At the end of the day most people buy because of price... your local shop needs to be competitive price wise to compete with the on-line guys which is hard because they have real costs ie rent,wages etc.... to pay each month..... the thing they can offer that the on-line guys tend to have less of is ... customer service and knowledge.....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.