Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Unsold items - Consider donating to Project Healing Waters

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Peyton00 
#1 ·
There are some of you who have flyfishing, gear fishing, and camping sales ads that have been up for quite awhile, and not selling. If by chance it's something you just want gone, and would like the items to go into the hands of veterans/military in our Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing and Got Your 6 fishing programs, I''d gladly help you expedite that. I can take your item, get you an "in kind donation" letter from PHWFF and GY6, and you can write off your gift. I know some of you don't care about the write off, but some may. If you are out of the area, you can mail to me. If you're close, I'll gladly meetup with you. All I need from you is the item, with your name, address and worth of item. That way I can get the ball rolling on your "in kind donation" letter. I'm helping Got Your 6, it's a medically retired combat wounded veteran from my program who's doing great things and started his own 501C3. He does a lot of gear, so thought I could help drum up donations for him too. You'll get a write off from him too.

Thank you all who have donated. And, if you opt to simply donate to the program then list for sale after reading this, that's fine too. :)

Since I'm known enough, and my address is out there enough already, I'll make this easier.

PHWFF NW Region
C/O Jerry Daschofsky
25902 70th Avenue East
Graham, WA 98338

Please include your name, address and worth of item(s) so we can do an inkind letter. :)

Items we can use:
Fly tying supplies, vises, and tools. Preferably newer and usable. We get some donations that are so old they fall apart.

We don't need flies. But if you have complete loaded fly boxes designed for certain fisheries, that can help.

Fly rods (single, switch, and spey), reels, and lines. Really need Spey stuff. Don't get much of it. Please no unmarked lines. Please no glass rods, they don't move.

Chest, sling, or butt packs. No vests, they don't seem to ever move.

Goretex style waders and rain jackets (no neoprene or rubber/pvc please).

Any misc gear bags, dry bags, boat bags, and tools used on water (pliers, nippers, floatant, etc)

We don't need books. Unless it's NW specific (salmon, steelhead, trout fishing and tying). Have a surplus now.

We can use camping supplies. Tents, bags, cots, etc.

All conventional fishing gear. Newer spinning, baitcasting, centerpin rods, reels, and all other misc gear associated. Lures, swivels, etc.

See less See more
#4 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.