WFF Classifieds specific function

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
Regarding recent feedback about a transaction that went bad... First, thoughts of approach, then status.

WFF hasn't been and I doubt will be able to add functionality to save you guys from being idiots. Not saying anyone here are idiots, more or less than I am. But it's the assessment to apply when burned after making exceptions to best practices. (got burned myself recently on CL after being an idiot) Best practice for now... Apply trust towards those who earn it, who get how smooth transactions work, with a personal history and who aren't hiding behind an anonymous ID. Otherwise, cover your bases.

Looking to (1) add transactional feedback system (2) confirm buyer/seller identities (3) promote good people (4) crush bad people.

Cause and effect. You're here because a lot of people are here buying and selling. Respect it or not only will you lose the privilege of its use, but you should expect a beating by a community that protects itself. I might suggest that positive feedback be available for everyone to give but (5) the addition of one or more classifieds-only moderators may be needed to apply negative feedback on request. Being pushed by a mod, the neg feedback is reviewed to be fair and if so it can then be applied/displayed/leveled in more abrupt ways.

WFF has needed a server upgrade (think Monday AM's, server down after backups) and a major forum software upgrade. (ver 1.x to ver 2.x) The new forum version will require all new add-ons. Not even sure what add-ons are available yet for v2 (new add-on for classifies?) but I'll start a review. Until now I've been waiting for the server upgrade which completed yesterday.

Chris @ WFF

Last edited:

kinigit

Thank you for running this great site.

One easy way to protect yourself if dealing with an unproven member is to just eat the Paypal fees and send money as a payment for merchandise not as F&F. This allows you if the item is not as described to file a case. You don't need to do it for members who are known quantities, but works well if the need arises and at ~3.2% is pretty cheap insurance (although I do dislike helping their bottom line). I have done this especially on higher ticket items.

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
The feedback could be used to determine who covers costs associated with the higher risk transactions. Good standing then carries a bit more weight. Those who have yet to establish themselves or have anything neg on their record should be expected to cover the extra costs to mitigate risk. That is a suggestion of approach for you peeps to consider. Kinda talking out my ass there but point is, those costs themselves could be useful.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts