WTB Fly rod and reel for pike in MT

SERE Nate

I'm in Whitefish MT and the ice is just about off the lake. I need to get a complete setup for pike. Prefer to buy package but can piece it together to.

I have a 6 weight Scott radian currently, so I think that I want an 8 weight.

Pm me post here or text me. 515-556-6568

$500 budget

Richard E

I'm in Whitefish MT and the ice is just about off the lake. I need to get a complete setup for pike. Prefer to buy package but can piece it together to.

I have a 6 weight Scott radian currently, so I think that I want an 8 weight.

Pm me post here or text me. 515-556-6568

$500 budget
There’s a new TFO BVK 8 weight for sale here in the classifieds that is a great deal for $160. Perfect stick for you!

SERE Nate

There’s a new TFO BVK 8 weight for sale here in the classifieds that is a great deal for $160. Perfect stick for you!
My fear is that they are prone to breaking. I am prone to casting shitttttie and hitting my blank with the fly on occasion. I know they have a great warranty, but that does me no good when I'm fishing 200 miles from home on a 3 day weekend.

Poff

My fear is that they are prone to breaking. I am prone to casting shitttttie and hitting my blank with the fly on occasion. I know they have a great warranty, but that does me no good when I'm fishing 200 miles from home on a 3 day weekend.
What makes you say they are prone to breaking? TFO rods are generally pretty dependable.

On another related note, have you considered the TFO Esox?

SERE Nate

Just read a lot of reviews that they have thin walls and break a lot. Great warranty, but I'd rather buy once cry once

Poff

Just read a lot of reviews that they have thin walls and break a lot. Great warranty, but I'd rather buy once cry once
Were the thin walls just related to the BVK series?
Am also curious if it were a specific timeframe.

I have an older 9'6"TFO Pro series 8wt with an extra tip I'd part with, if interested PM me. The extra tip is one inch shorter than original.

SERE Nate

I'm leaning more towards spending closer to $1k on a 9 weight setup and have it for everything from pike, bulls, baby tarpon, gt etc.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts