How to prevent mat from sliding?

AK Kevin

image.jpeg

I bought several floor mats which I cut to shape to lay on the deck in an effort to prevent it from getting scratched up from cleats. The problem I am having is with the mat in the the bow beneath the casting brace. The deck slopes upward slightly and the mat scoots down and gets bunched up underfoot. What can I do to prevent the mat from bunching up? Glue? Velcro? What are other options besides not allowing cleats in the boat? Thanks all. (Pic shows stern for effect)

Adam Saarinen

Flat sheet of rubber glued to the bottom of that mat might stick to the floor better? Just a thought! I mean a greater area of rubber with out any holes in it!

A.A.

View attachment 167937

I bought several floor mats which I cut to shape to lay on the deck in an effort to prevent it from getting scratched up from cleats. The problem I am having is with the mat in the the bow beneath the casting brace. The deck slopes upward slightly and the mat scoots down and gets bunched up underfoot. What can I do to prevent the mat from bunching up? Glue? Velcro? What are other options besides not allowing cleats in the boat? Thanks all. (Pic shows stern for effect)
I had the exact same problem! Everyone said to get those horse mats. Problem is, they’re so flexible and slippery they don’t work well at all. Ended up getting some stiffer door mats from Home Depot and they work 1000x better...
0BCA42E6-5B7F-43F8-BAD2-8BAC0DCC15DB.jpeg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts