Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Membership has its privileges. A journey up river.

11K views 93 replies 39 participants last post by  phuck this 
#1 ·
Didn't really think I'd be back in WA chasing steelhead. After my trip two years ago I was kind of over it. However, with the recent opening I really couldnt' pass this up. To start, I want to say thanks to several folks:

Jamie was kind enough to offer me a place to crash. Not only is this extremely generous but also very helpful. There ain't a hotel room to be had in the valley and I was kind of in a pinch. Man I can't thank you enough.

Salmo has offered up a seat in his sled for a couple of days and arranged our film crew. I think he wants to work on his swagger so he's letting me tag along.

@Chris Scoones for WFF. Without the site, I would've never met either and this trip would not be happening. Thanks for making this place a decent spot to hang.

OS for helping getting the river open. Great job and if I see any of you on the water, Sugar Free Red Bull on me.

Now Day 1

Looking forward to random people awkwardly holding up signs about swimmy.
Ok.

It was a full day. Like most, it started with an early sesh at the gym. Don't wish for it, work for it! Dane, Sean, Zac and co. Love you guys.

Next, down to the shop to grab some last minute supplies.

Then it was off to the airport to see my friends at Alaska.

Just an absolute beautiful day for a flight

Landed then headed north right in the middle of rush hour. I don't see how y'all deal with that traffic. Brutal.

But made it to Mt Vernon for dinner at the brew pub. Never eaten here but any place with oars as door handles is my kind of spot. Good fish tacos.

Ready to get after it tomorrow.

See less See more
#72 ·
Well done Swimmy, I was up there yesterday in the wind & murky water without success. You did good rustling one up out of that river. Jealousy is a curse I'm finding it hard to get over.

On a side note I saw a big flash of chrome bust the surface 3 times in under a minute, 50 yards apart each time... I assumed the fish was just laughing at me but in hindsight it was probably preemptively living it's struggle with you the following day. In all seriousness would it be a Steelhead or are there other chrome monsters on the move?
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Plant

#88 ·
What's up with 5 guys walking into a run that already has someone in it? It barley fits 3, do you always fish with a hoard, is it really necessary to push out other people. If there is 2 cars in a spot I move on and comeback later, there was cars blocking turnarounds just so they could stand in line and wait there turn. Move on people there is other runs, thankfully the season is over.

I say gate the roads, it will keep the tweekers out and the trash from being dumped. I have walked into that run before and would do it again or just float it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.