Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Classifieds usage - Combine your ads please

WFF 
600 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  quadradomus 
#1 · (Edited)
No offense @Rob Ast, just using you as an example. I've approached others before on it, and like I told them it's not a sore spot at all, just trying to get folks to use best practices more effectively in the classifieds. Like not using ALL CAPS for titles.

Consolidate your ads guys. If you've got a couple, yeah okay but after that, if you have a bunch of single item ads it gets assuming on the main list. Consolidate your items onto a single ad, where you edit the first post to give status updates (sold, price update, etc). It's easier for you to manage a single ad, and the community list isn't stepped on by shotgunning singles like that.

Thank you Mr Ast for being my example for today.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm more likely to click on an ad with a bunch of stuff as you never know what it's in it. Sort of like a grab bag. Whereas if it's a single item, i'm more likely to not click on it since i know what it is and I don't need most of the stuff sold here... or so my wife tells me. haha

Reactions: MikeyP
#6 ·
I think another improvement could be around thread titles. Bad titles (IMO) include "spring cleaning", "several items for sale", "rod and reel", etc... It isn't that difficult to be specific even when there is a laundry list of items for sale within a thread, and is more courteous to the general population of people who are reading the ads to be able to hone in on things that are of interest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.