Big Twin

How are the rule changes going to hurts these lakes? The lakes now that are split seasons are going to be selective fisheries year round? Big and lil twin have been planted. Yes the lakes mostl likely winter killed ,long cold winter even WITH the aerator working

Fishon , did you catch fish of any size in Davis or Campbell? We fished Davis for a few hrs on the opener weekend and caught a few with one bow hitting 17 inches. It got windy and we had to leave for home so I didn't get to fish as long as I wished.
I heard they make Davis a catch and release lake.
Fishing was excellent on both lakes. Four of us fished both lakes. My largest was 17 inches from Davis. Great fisherman Eric landed a 19 incher at Campbell. Lots of fish landed by all on both lakes. I am in morning now that I am back in western Washington and have to look forward to landing 11 inch stockers.

How are the rule changes going to hurts these lakes? The lakes now that are split seasons are going to be selective fisheries year round? Big and lil twin have been planted. Yes the lakes mostl likely winter killed ,long cold winter even WITH the aerator working[/QU
Trout Master.. The new regs will allow a limit of TWO ovr 14" per day on current CnR waters.. unless something changed that is what I was told along with others.. Have already seen it happen and the waters are currently CnR lakes..

Donato

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying I now will be able to keep 2 over 14 inches in the spring season and they will still have the winter season where you can keep 5 fish?

we'll have to wait n see what the official reg's say.. I sure hope not.. I would think if it goes yr around selective as stated above it should only be 2 per day.. ??

Donato

I wonder how there going to keep people who fish that lake in winter from using bait anyways. I seen it happen on Green lake in the okanogon. Hell they just fish there anyway they can until they get caught by the GW. Its a cnr lake in the spring and summer but we always see people fishing it with bait in the CNR season. NO reado rego's or they just don't care.

The lakes that are split season will be Selective year round, with the same one fish over whatever. that is according to Ryan Fortier area bio. And no you are not going to keep bait soakers from fishing these lakes . Some will follow the rules, Davis is the one that gets hit hard in winter. Campbell get hit hard by hunters in the fall , but winter fishing
Through the ice is pretty much nil as access is a bitch in the snow.

Last edited:

Donato

Thanks TM for the clarification on the new regs. Wow, how did they pulled that off making both of those lakes CnR. I bet the local are pissed. I fish Green lake near Conconully a few days every spring and enjoy fishing there because its CnR at that time. the number of people poaching it has gone down significantly since the GW realy patrols it hard but there is always the clueless few that still bait fish it.
I gave up telling people the rules as some have not taken my advice kindly, unless of course you have a cocked and locked 45 acp in your hand.

I believe I've met you once on B twin when you were fishing with Todd.

Good luck fishing.

Latest posts