NFR Official 2018 Mariners Thread

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Well that went pretty well.

I have not watched Felix pitch this year. Although he pitched well, I am astounded at his lack of velocity. It really is a stark contrast to the dominant Felix we all got used to watching. There aren't many effective starters throwing 89-90 anymore.

Price pitched well. He is a good pitcher. Lefties in Safeco are always a real good bet. He will be a free agent if he opts out after this year and he hates playing in the pressure cooker of Boston. Seattle may be a good fit for him and the M's. Christ, you guys had a hard time being critical of Richie Sexson! Just kidding no one had a hard time with that.

Not a super exciting game. It was nice to see Kimbrell get out of it in the 9th.

Go Sox,
cds

KerryS

Ignored Member
Big Sexy does it and with less pitches. I think Felix is still learning how to pitch without a wipeout fastball. Still he held the most potent offense in the league to 2 runs. Seemed a typical Felix loss when he pitches well, no run support. Story of his career.

Price did a good job shutting down the Seattle offense but it was the type of game we have become use to. One swing could have changed the outcome.

miyawaki

Mariners have four games with Boston here then travel east for three against the Yankees and three more at Fenway. This kind of schedule can take a lesser team from first to last . . .

Leland

nb_ken

Mariners have four games with Boston here then travel east for three against the Yankees and three more at Fenway. This kind of schedule can take a lesser team from first to last . . .

Leland
There's always the risk that this time next week we'll look back and wonder how it all went wrong. At some point you gotta play the big boys. What's the saying? You want to be the best you gotta beat the best.

Watching Gamel score the go-ahead run last night, I'm optimistic. Like he knew that was coming.

Albula

Baseball at its finest. Condolences to the resident Belichick apologist, but it is starting to become difficult to argue that the better team did not win tonight. This is fun to watch. For a change.

nb_ken

So what kind of whacky stunts are the boys gonna come up with today. Let's recap the weekend.

How about we spot you six runs in the third? We'll make as many errors as we need to to make that happen. Really? No? OK, what if we pull our ace after that? We'll go to long relief with a rookie no one's ever heard of. OK?

Ha. No. We win.

How about we'll score one run in the third, then quit? We won't even come to bat after that. OK?

Oh. So sorry. We WIN AGAIN.

What if we put Jean Segura in a camp chair? One of those foldy ones you can't get out of. Yeah, at the plate too. OK?

dbk

Not a Mariners fan (Dodgers) but have always followed them because they are the local team.. it's truly amazing how they are winning games because the game of baseball being what it is doesnt allow for it.. especially at the highest level.. the Dodgers last year led MLB in walk offs and comeback wins but the M's are taking it to a whole another level.. with a roster of talent that no one saw doing this before the season began.. still not sure what to make of the M's as they have yet to hit a rough patch this year and their run differential is only +28.. and Wade LeBlanc has an ERA of 2.03 as a starting pitcher.. and Cano isn't playing.. and Felix has been bad more often than not.. none of that matters at the moment because they continue to win as improbable as those wins at times may be.. I would think M's fans would ride this wave for as long as it lasts.. it's been a great ride for the M's.. they are a playoff caliber team.. hope they finally break the streak this year and make the post season

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Remarkable series. I missed much of it at my daughter games. The Mariners sure are good at close games and also making games into close games. It's not easily sustainable but you are what your record says you are.

Go Sox,
cds

nb_ken

Heck of a homestand, folks. Split with Houston. Split with Boston. 6 outta 7 against Rays and Angels in between. Closing in on the half-way point of the season. 1.5 back of the Astros. 8 games up on the nearest wildcard competitor.

Astros and Sox are for real. Find out about the Yankees starting tomorrow.

Somewhere in the broadcasts this week, someone mentioned that the AL playoffs, 72 games into the season, are pretty much set. We know who the five teams will be. Cleveland will win the Central, and the Sox, Yankees, Astros and Mariners will battle it out for division titles. Two of those four will end up in a one-game playoff.

Yikes.

Latest posts