Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone experienced working with plexiglass?

597 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Deleted member 10700 
#1 ·
Or a similar type of plastic. My Dad was the master of working with it. Now I need some work done and figured I'd ask here.

I have my nice chuckbox. I've used plastic sealable containers in the open areas of the box. What I want is custom fit boxes that maximizes the space with a removable top. I want to put a tray system in it as well. Just imagine custom Plano 3700 style boxes I can organize stuff in. This is what area looks like
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Gas Automotive exterior

There's the three middle slots I want the boxes made for. I don't want wood. Boxes I have waste space.

So if any of you want to make some extra cash, or can give me referrals, I'd really appreciate it. Again, I want someone who puts out professional work.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Jerry,
I’ve made a bunch of this type of stuff. It’s pretty straight forward. Send me the exact dimensions of the size boxes and I’ll get you a quote on the material. I’ll do it for material and shipping once their done.
Remember to leave a little clearance, at least an 1/8th” on all sides for variance. Also, you can have clear polycarbonate or black ABS. The clear will allow you to see what’s inside but will show wear while the black will look better over time

Mark

#4 ·
Ok, I'll get those for you. Where do you live? I could run around most of the state to grab them.

Thanks appreciate it

#6 ·
No, don't need to see inside at all, it'll be set up a certain way and I'll leave it that way.

#9 ·
Nobody touches my chuckbox. Nobody. LOL

Seriously though, I'll be only one using it, so if someone needs something I can tell them top drawer, etc

Reactions: cabezon
#10 ·
BTW, I've had this for almost a decade, I've used dark plastic boxes you couldn't look in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.