WTB Looking for a 8' - 8'6" 4wt...must be 4 pc.

Mike Ediger

Considering adding a 8' - 8'6" 4wt 4pc for a couple hike in small stream trips that I have planned. I have a couple 4wts but they are 2/3pc and don't really want to carry them. Something ranging from the action of Circa to One (wide enough window?). Open to brands and models, but prefer Sage, Orvis, Winston, T&T, Loomis. Not really interested in the big box stuff. PM me if you have something you would part with.
Thanks,
Mike

kinigit

I have a TFO BVK 4wt 8'6". Good used condition. I'd sell it for $140 shipped. Have a sock, but no tube. I could probably make and include a lightweight PVC tube though for an extra $10.

Richard E

Considering adding a 8' - 8'6" 4wt 4pc for a couple hike in small stream trips that I have planned. I have a couple 4wts but they are 2/3pc and don't really want to carry them. Something ranging from the action of Circa to One (wide enough window?). Open to brands and models, but prefer Sage, Orvis, Winston, T&T, Loomis. Not really interested in the big box stuff. PM me if you have something you would part with.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike, if it’s a rod that is really needed for hike-in trips, I have a great budget option for you, a very nice quality medium fast action rod that’s a 5 piece, 7’6” four weight. In the cordura covered PVC tube it still is about 20”...super compact. It’s an Albright A5, like new.

Mike Ediger

Mike, why not a new Redington CT 8'6" 4wt ? Not expensive and is a 4pc, and a really nice rod, I like it almost as much as my Winston Bllt 8'6" 4wt.
Just a thought....
This is a great rod. I have not owned it but I have fished it. But I have also owned about a dozen other 4wts that I have loved, such as an SLT, Circa, IMX, etc, which I have sold even if I really enjoyed them. Part of the enjoyment for me is trying new rods, but I could never justify having 20-30 rods at one time (philosophical flaw I guess;)). I fish a rod for a year or two, sell it, get something else. This is also why I have never purchased a rod new. So I would like to try something from one of these companies, just to try something new.

Mike, if it’s a rod that is really needed for hike-in trips, I have a great budget option for you, a very nice quality medium fast action rod that’s a 5 piece, 7’6” four weight. In the cordura covered PVC tube it still is about 20”...super compact. It’s an Albright A5, like new.
Sorry I missed this yesterday Richard. By hike-in, I mean day hikes. I want to attach it to my day pack, and my preferred rod for this stream is my TMF, but it is a 2pc. I would like to stay at least at 8' and think that 4pc is plenty small enough. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks,
Mike

I have a never fished Scott Radian 8’6” 4 weight I would sell. If looking for an outfit I have a Galvan Torque loaded with new WF4F line as well. Color of reel is the burnt orange

Not high end but a step above the "box store" rods. Allen ATS 8'9" 4wt. 4pc. Got good reviews when it came out, accurate smooth casting rod. Only fished a few times with the divided tube. $75