Jefferson Rods?

A.A.

Any experience out there with these? Some may have seen my other thread; picking out a switch for my wife. The 11’6” 7 wt would be a great size/length for Summer run. The guy used to work with Meiser. Rods look cool. I wonder where he gets his blanks. 20% off sale right now on custom rods.
168E98DB-E0EB-4E80-94D9-ED5444ACE5D2.jpeg

A.A.

I spoke with Keith today. Super nice guy. Worked for Meiser for 5 years. He gets his blanks from the same place Meiser gets some of his (CTS in New Zealand. Meiser also gets blanks from a manufacturer in Korea). Sounds like both are involved in selecting/designing the tapers. Keith says his blanks are are similar in flex/action to Meiser’s S-series. My Meiser switch is built on an S-series blank, so will be interesting to see how they compare. He’s sending the 11’6” 7 wt for me to try out. I think my wife will do better with the slightly longer switch. He’ll build to my specs (well, her specs) and take 20% off for the sale. Will be cool to try something a little different. I’ll report back.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
CTS blanks are bad ass, have casted several single hander and most of the older Miezer's(all where from CTS in the day) and can't go wrong, but Bob is the man! I think your gonna end up with a new Miezer.

I mean your wife is gonna end up with a new Miezer!

;) It ain't a bad thing either :cool:

A.A.

CTS blanks are bad ass, have casted several single hander and most of the older Miezer's(all where from CTS in the day) and can't go wrong, but Bob is the man! I think your gonna end up with a new Miezer.

I mean your wife is gonna end up with a new Miezer!

;) It ain't a bad thing either :cool:
I’m sure I’ll end up with another Meiser at some point. I see a trout Spey in my future. For this one, I think I’ll give the new guy a chance.

Last edited:
In the 2017 annual issue of "Steelheader's Journal," a 12' 6" 7 wt. Jefferson was reviewed, along with 16 other steelhead-suitable spey rods. I won't quote it, since it's one of those product review series that doesn't directly criticize anything, but there's some useful info.

A.A.

In the 2017 annual issue of "Steelheader's Journal," a 12' 6" 7 wt. Jefferson was reviewed, along with 16 other steelhead-suitable spey rods. I won't quote it, since it's one of those product review series that doesn't directly criticize anything, but there's some useful info.
Do you have a link?

Latest posts