Cedar River 2018

Tmik

Last year I found a stretch that produced regularly. While it was an awesome find, I got stuck in that spot and stopped exploring. So my goal this year is to move around some more.

I wonder what the status of the 'closed to recreation' stretches will be this year.

AdrianM

I'm new here
I also seem to get stuck in a specific spot. I also have a goal to explore a certain section. This year I plan to fish a new stretch each week.

Hopefully they open up those closed stretches this year.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
Don’t leave anything that might seem anywhere near of having any value in your rig. Or, don’t lock and leave the doors open.

I wouldn’t touch the Cedar, I remember the old days. And, there were some great fish in the “holes”.

Just my opinion, there are much better options.
MB

AdrianM

I'm new here
Don’t leave anything that might seem anywhere near of having any value in your rig. Or, don’t lock and leave the doors open.

I wouldn’t touch the Cedar, I remember the old days. And, there were some great fish in the “holes”.

Just my opinion, there are much better options.
MB
Always better options but nothing better that close to where I work. Unless you want to PM me and we go fishing somewhere else. Haha

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
I floated it twice the first time it got scary in a couple sections got turned around a fast section went backwards over a drop off put me under some bushes with my rods came out the other end nothing broken very lucky didn't take spill. But I did have a great time in place where there is private property hooked in some big fish, the second time down it I was more in touch with that bad spots.

msteudel

Mark Steudel
I floated it twice the first time it got scary in a couple sections got turned around a fast section went backwards over a drop off put me under some bushes with my rods came out the other end nothing broken very lucky didn't take spill. But I did have a great time in place where there is private property hooked in some big fish, the second time down it I was more in touch with that bad spots.
Good to know. I might break my rods down the first time down, just to avoid that. Did you put in at Landsburg?

Latest posts