Cedar River 2018

I'm just waiting to see a stringer of wild trout here in the next few days from this wonderful re-written regulation! I think it's time for me to go sample Idaho..

While I suppose you could catch the rainbow trout that were stocked in Lake Washington and decided to swim up the Cedar, I think it makes the regulations a lot harder to understand. Like Elliott5400 said, it now gives people more of an excuse than they had before, and from what I've encountered people will try to use every gray area as a loophole.
Trout stocked in Lake Washington....of which there are none anyway, but if there were....wouldn't be marked in any way so basically you're looking at a "wild" rainbow and you can't keep them. Again, look at the regulations and you will see that release notation in hundreds of rivers, not just the Cedar.

Trout stocked in Lake Washington....of which there are none anyway, but if there were....wouldn't be marked in any way so basically you're looking at a "wild" rainbow and you can't keep them. Again, look at the regulations and you will see that release notation in hundreds of rivers, not just the Cedar.
Looking at the stocking reports they stocked 1000 rainbow trout at Gene Coulon this year.

Looking at the stocking reports they stocked 1000 rainbow trout at Gene Coulon this year.
Could very well be but I believe those were in the net pen for the kid's fishing event and probably very few of them were left after the net was pulled up. Even at that, none of those were marked in any way so now they would be a "wild" fish.

Met FerrousTortoise and Officer Capeli last night on Cedar. Capeli said he ticketed someone at this hole last night for fishing bait and retaining 2 large trout. He said he was able to revive and release them. Poor fellow must of thought they are the hatchery trout the Cedar is now open to. Told me the river is heavy pressure but there are still a few around. I changed up flies when he walked away and instantly rounded up my best trout on the Cedar so far.

Latest posts