Snoho lakes

Visited a handful of lakes on the westside. Here is my report. And a question. I am finding while stillwater indicator fishing, occasionally fish seem to strike the fly and run to the surface. This causes a delay in the tension on the indicator and thus a late hook set. Any recommendations on correcting this?

Cancer apple - lots of stockers easily caught, bass are around but not extremely active it seemed.

Martha Toasty Seaside - lots of browns to be had on black leeches and small midges. Water was full of dark sediment. Bows were agressive hitting small top water patterns size 18 or so. Seemed most active fish were in about 15ft of water 40ft off the bank.

Last edited:

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Visited a handful of lakes on the westside. Here is my report. And a question. I am finding while stillwater indicator fishing, occasionally fish seem to strike the fly and run to the surface. This causes a delay in the tension on the indicator and thus a late hook set. Any recommendations on correcting this?

Cancer apple - lots of stockers easily caught, bass are around but not extremely active it seemed.

Martha Toasty Seaside - lots of browns to be had on black leeches and small midges. Water was full of dark sediment. Bows were agressive hitting small top water patterns size 18 or so. Seemed most active fish were in about 15ft of water 40ft off the bank.
What kind of indicator are you using? Yes it makes a difference for those types of takes.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Everybody knows where these lakes are at and how to get to them . Why try to be crafty. I think I've hit them all as long as I fished there. Liked Howard the best.

Everybody knows where these lakes are at and how to get to them . Why try to be crafty. I think I've hit them all as long as I fished there. Liked Howard the best.
I thought this was a part of the rules. Gladly give the names to anyone that wants to pm me. Haven't fished Howard I'll have to check it out. Was trying to respect those whose they might be their local fisheries and don't want them blown up looking for browns.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I thought this was a part of the rules. Gladly give the names to anyone that wants to pm me. Haven't fished Howard I'll have to check it out. Was trying to respect those whose they might be their local fisheries and don't want them blown up looking for browns.
This is not a kiss and tell forum. If I was fishing up in the hills on some nice skinny water, I would keep my mouth closed tight and tell a few where to go. But those lakes in the Seven lakes area are nobody's secret spot.

sroffe

You need to keep as much slack out between the rod tip and the indicator. I keep my rod tip low touching the water.

Strip really fast when they charge.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
This is not a kiss and tell forum. If I was fishing up in the hills on some nice skinny water, I would keep my mouth closed tight and tell a few where to go. But those lakes in the Seven lakes area are nobody's secret spot.
I never tell anybody that I fish lake KI, or trolling a Carey special behind a June bug spinner is my top producer

Latest posts