Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Trout Dry fly swap

Swap 
6K views 66 replies 9 participants last post by  Flyn'dutchman 
#1 ·
As I'm sitting here tying up some dries for the wife's boss I was wondering if anyone has hosted a dry fly swap for trout. I figure the June 1st opener isn't really all that far off. So who's up for one?

If we can get one going I'm in for an Improved Sofa Pilla. So how 'bout it folks who's in?

I'm thinking of a closing date of May 15th so that gives everyone time to copy flies for June opener. I'll leave this invite open till the 22nd 7:00 PM.

Oops forgot...12 tyers is the limit!!!!

This is the official list:

Myself : Improved Sofa Pilla
Mike D : Rubber legged Stimulator
Flyn'dutchman : Parachute Mayfly
Ron : BWO
Willie : Madam X
Icanfly : Sparkle Caddis
D3Smartie : Royal Coachman
Cmtundra : Blonde Wulff

That makes 8 tyers so 8 flies each. I think I'm going to throw some extra in there for y'all. I want everybodies flies in my hand by 15 May 05 and I'll send them out 16 May. If I get them all earlier then we'll have a presents in the mail sooner...hint, hint...LOL
You can mail your contributions to:

Scott Behn
12506 16th St. NE #A-5
Lake Stevens, Wa. 98258

Have fun,

See less See more
#5 ·
Scott,

I'm in. Not sure what I'll tie yet, but I need to have them mailed by the end of the month so I can meet other commitments. Is that okay with you Scott?

REE

#18 ·
Icanfly, I agree, sparkle caddis...I've never seen one in person. But you choose.

D3 you can tye whatever size you like...I don't see anything wrong with a #16. I try to match the hatch as close as I can with size more so then exact color. Coachman's have all the right color combos in my eyes.

Heh Ron is that split & divided or parachute style?

I'm already getting excited...

:cool:

#25 ·
I'm not a sneaky son of a... bawling: I figured everyone would look at the first post the most often so I updated it there. Sorry folks.

I closed it this past Friday at 8 tiers. The address is

Scott Behn
12506 16th St. NE #A-5
Lake Stevens, Wa. 98258

Now hows that... :p

:cool:

#26 ·
Scott,

Thanks, I guess I shouold start looking at the first post instead of going to the last page. Any extras belong to the swapmeister. They look a little weird for a BWO but they work like a charm.

REE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.