Day 2/3 "buehgil and ittle bass"

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Day two we headed out to a usual spot i hit quite a bit. Although I saw a lot of nice largemouth they must have been in a post spawn funk as they didn't want to hit much of anything. I did see a carp that was feeding deep on a sandy bottom. I made a perfect cast and it was game on to Liam's delight! (@Buzzy;)) Screenshot_20180526-071912.png Screenshot_20180526-071920.png Seeing schools of bluegills I decided to see if Liam could catch them. Only problem was I didn't have any small flies. My bass flies are big and bigger. In the bottom of my box I finally found some flies someone had given me a month ago up north as a thank you for coming up with a homemade plug for their boat since they had forgot theirs. Screenshot_20180526-071357.png The green caddis would do the trick. I tested it and showed Liam how to do it. Screenshot_20180526-072044.png With just enough line out to Huckleberry Finn it he carefully lowered the fly into the water...

Game on and his first fish all on own! On a fly. At 3.5 years old. I was pumped! Screenshot_20180526-071928.png He got pretty good at it! And even told me to keep it down so I don't scare them...:D:D:D 91e2b971-df56-4704-8938-aea04c896788.gif We headed in after he caught a dozen or more.

Not too much happened on 3rd day but Liam did catch his first bass on own! Screenshot_20180526-071909.png We also saw some cool spots... Screenshot_20180526-071906.png Stay tuned. Day 4 we headed to the Road C jungle for probably one of the best bass days of my life....

Olive bugger

Great report Billy. Are you going to adapt Kerry? Haha.
Liam is a lucky boy to have you as his father, and you are lucky too.
Works both ways.
Nice pics.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Every time I click on this thread it takes about a minute to load. It must be that the pictures are so big. Takes a long time to load them in. You ought to lower your pixels on your camera. Don't need life sized pictures.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Every time I click on this thread it takes about a minute to load. It must be that the pictures are so big. Takes a long time to load them in. You ought to lower your pixels on your camera. Don't need life sized pictures.
I did it the same way I always do. I think the site might be running slow as it takes awhile to load for me too and doesn't usually.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts