Delayed report

Tmik

I was saving this one until I could upload a couple photos. This was a couple weekends back, when the temps got in to the 80's.

There were baitfish everywhere, had them following on most casts. This one took a bite:

12884DCFC8BB4BCB31BCE4E79F01FD6C.jpg

I was able to find some cutthroat, but each one was an individual effort. Caught a fish per beach:

880BBCB65E400A8557B402B2D992E355.jpg

Even with all the baitfish around, I never noticed any bigger fish visibly feeding.

I did see plenty of baitfish jumping though. Does that always mean something is chasing them?

Coolest part of the weekend was coming across an octopus at a super low tide!

IMG_20180519_202858_080.jpg

Not too bad for a very warm weekend.

Last edited:
Like the octopus, i caught one in Australia! Was thinking i foul hooked it in the leg, but now i'm convinced you could never hook one in the mouth cos' they eat with their legs!

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
I remember reading awhile back that the biggest octopus in the world live in Puget Sound.

Don't know how true that is, but maybe we're all missing an opportunity... ?

I did see plenty of baitfish jumping though. Does that always mean something is chasing them?
Not necessarily, if they are more spread out and you see one flip occasionally they are probably not being chased. If you see one jumping out of the water repeatedly there is a good chance it is being chased. Also if you see a group of them in a small circle all shoot out of the water at the same time they are probably being chased. If it looks like they would rather be in the air than the water that is a good sign.

Latest posts