FS FS: llen Alpha III fly reels 7/8 & 9/10 new and used

ten80

Hey all, I've been in Alaska for a few years but still lurk about here. I have some reels to sell that I've not taken out since living in Washington. Time to pass them on to a new home. Prices include a neoprene reel case, replacement drag disc and include Priority Mail shipping.

1. Allen Alpha III 9/10 NEW (photo right)- A good fit for 8-10 weight rods with capacity for a lot of line. Easily holds 130-150yd backing and a 11 WT line or 530g Skagit short head; I spooled it up and don't think it ever made it to the river. Perfect condition. $SOLD

2. Alpha III 7/8 NEW (photo middle)- A good fit for 6-8 wt rods and up to 9WT fly lines. Includes 150 yd 30-lb backing (yellow Amnesia running line has been removed). $130

3. Alpha III 7/8 Used (photo left)- Used for a couple seasons fishing. Recently cleaned, lubricated, and new drag disc installed. Functions smoothly. Includes ~150 yds 30-lb backing. $90

Attachments

Last edited:

ten80

Indeed, super smooth and reliable reels. The 9/10 wt blue reel is sold. I'll consider reasonable offers for the 7/8 new and 7/8 used. The used reel is essentially new on the inside now that I've replaced the drag disc and lubed all the parts. Just a few stratches on the drag knob and frame.