...Tigers...

Bet you had feet on pegs as it swam under you
haha, not this one....but the very first one I saw a couple of years ago (it was yuuuuuuge), it appeared out of nowhere and wasn't looking at my fly, but was looking directly at my fins. Yeah, I got my feet out of the water that time pretty quick!

thanks!!

It's all been the law of averages...after going all of last year without landing one, I've at least hooked up in 3 out of my 4 trips thus far this year. I'll never pretend to think I have these beasts figured out, cause that's when they're stick it to you & throw a little humble pie in your face! I am just so addicted to this fishery...THAT EAT!!!

MattB

Randall, hows figure eighting in the pontoon, and how well can you see fish following versus being on a boat? Hoping to have an actual boat by the end of july but until then i'll be in a pontoon. Fishing open water at all or sticking to the shallower stuff?

Randall, hows figure eighting in the pontoon, and how well can you see fish following versus being on a boat? Hoping to have an actual boat by the end of july but until then i'll be in a pontoon. Fishing open water at all or sticking to the shallower stuff?
it sucks. but I can do a large oval just fine. While I've certainly drawn out a good number of fish doing it, I have yet to hook one under the boat. I've been playing around with different things once I see them on it, but so far, no luck. I still do it after virtually every cast (at the very least, an L with a speed change).

I'm mostly fishing stump farms and shoreline structure up to about 15' deep. I recently purchased a fish finder and while I doubt it's helped me actually catch specific fish, it's given me a great idea of underwater structure in certain areas, so I spend a little more time working those areas as well.

Latest posts