Climate change has run it's course...

I'll admit to a poor choice of wording. Here it is again though slightly different so you can understand it.
The normal house lid is not opaque, zero opacity.
This statement is just flat-out wrong.

By the way, the normal house has zero opacity, no light passes through it's lid. A greenhouse has serious opacity, it allows passage of visible solar energy. My IQ just slipped up to 37.
At what number does one learn the meaning of the words "opaque," "transparent," and "translucent"?

jamma

The more I read this thread, the more confused I get. Sorry for the additional questions, but I am hoping we can clear up a few things.

When I am sitting next to a campfire, I get warm. How is that possible if heat only moves upward?

When I go inside my house during the winter, I am warmer than I was when I was outside. If cooler objects cannot add heat to warmer objects, then how can the 67 degree air in my house warm my 98.6 degree body?
Good question.1:The 67° temperature indoors is more than the say 40° outside and 2:body heat is internally generated and loses less of it's heat to external sources therefore you feel warmer.This explains why wind chill makes us feel colder although the actual temperature is unchanged.Your body temp creates a layer of warmth,when the wind contacts this layer it reduces it's thickness thus making it seem colder than it would otherwise.

HBB

Good question.1:The 67° temperature indoors is more than the say 40° outside and 2:body heat is internally generated and loses less of it's heat to external sources therefore you feel warmer.This explains why wind chill makes us feel colder although the actual temperature is unchanged.Your body temp creates a layer of warmth,when the wind contacts this layer it reduces it's thickness thus making it seem colder than it would otherwise.
That's largely consistent with my understanding, but Klickrolf has a novel theory of thermodynamics that appears to invalidate Newton's law of cooling. I was hopeful that he would address my question himself.

jamma

That's largely consistent with my understanding, but Klickrolf has a novel theory of thermodynamics that appears to invalidate Newton's law of cooling. I was hopeful that he would address my question himself.
Yeah,I'm still trying to figure out a way to explain it so he can grasp what actually going on.I thought the expansion explanation would do it but who knows,maybe he doesn't believe in the big bang?

Rob Allen

ok so lets operate on the assumption that climate change is real, it's man made, it has catastrophic consequences and man can alter the outcome..

What are the solutions.. we have been going around and around on this issue for years and as of yet no one has offered any solutions NONE!

So unless you can tell us how to solve this problem without killing millions of people or taking away freedoms what do you propose to do. If you cannot answer that question with straight forward concrete answers then you have nothing to say on the issue.
no links to studies, no blaming anyone no we need to study it more none of that nonsense.

it's been long enough if we haven;t found a solution then there isn't one. and if their isn't one then it's time for the crying wolf to end.

Peyton00

ok so lets operate on the assumption that climate change is real, it's man made, it has catastrophic consequences and man can alter the outcome..

What are the solutions.. we have been going around and around on this issue for years and as of yet no one has offered any solutions NONE!

So unless you can tell us how to solve this problem without killing millions of people or taking away freedoms what do you propose to do. If you cannot answer that question with straight forward concrete answers then you have nothing to say on the issue.
no links to studies, no blaming anyone no we need to study it more none of that nonsense.

it's been long enough if we haven;t found a solution then there isn't one. and if their isn't one then it's time for the crying wolf to end.
You have an interesting thought process, its unique and obtuse.
Mankind should probably stop searching for the cure to cancer too.

Rob Allen

You have an interesting thought process, its unique and obtuse.
Mankind should probably stop searching for the cure to cancer too.
I said absolutely nothing about stopping the search for solutions.

actually cancer has already been cured however the cure is illegal in the united states. apparently diet is too simple of a solution for the medical industrial complex in the USA a far more vicious entity than the military industrial complex

I said absolutely nothing about stopping the search for solutions.

actually cancer has already been cured however the cure is illegal in the united states. apparently diet is too simple of a solution for the medical industrial complex in the USA a far more vicious entity than the military industrial complex
Uh, dude, that's simply not true. There are myriad forms of cancer and evidence of cancer existing in primitive folks on "organic" diets is well documented. Making statements like that will cause you to lose all credibility. I assure you there are no courses in medical school about suppressing cures. That's like the 200 mpg carburetor and magic hair growth.

Old406Kid

Uh, dude, that's simply not true. There are myriad forms of cancer and evidence of cancer existing in primitive folks on "organic" diets is well documented. Making statements like that will cause you to lose all credibility. I assure you there are no courses in medical school about suppressing cures. That's like the 200 mpg carburetor and magic hair growth.
It has to be true, I read all of that on the cover of a magazine while I was in the grocery store check out line.:D

Rob Allen

Well since people are getting sicker and sicker i guess what they are teaching in medical school needs some revising and the whole medical community has lost it's credibility. This also has nothing to do with global warming.

I suggest you look into massive vitamin c doses and it's effect on the immune system to fight cancer.

jwg

crying wolf means ...
calling out about something that does not in fact exist. no wolf exists to harm the lambs.

So, if a problem exists,
and there is as yet no solution to the problem,
then the problem does not exist.

Lets reduce this to a rule of rhetoric. They used to teach rhetoric as part of English class back in the distant past, and rhetoric was pretty much about logic, minding your p's and q's.

So,
if p exists,
and q is not known to exist,
then p does not exist.

j

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Since climate change is such a complex problem, there is no one magic bullet that can just fix it, but lots of people are working very hard to either prevent further change or mitigate the damage that is occurring/will occur. There are folks in Vietnam and also Mexico I think that are replanting mangrove forests, which will help sequester carbon while reinforcing the coastline. There are folks working on a way to get money to Americans and reduce carbon emissions via a carbon fee. Some people are working towards more efficient automobiles, some are working on better public transit, some are working on better renewable energy systems. There's a lot of people doing their small part towards a greater good. Climate change won't be suppressed by one big action, it will be a death by a thousand cuts.

jamma

The first step is acknowledging there is a problem.This has been accomplished to a small extent by environmental laws but we,and I mean the entire world,need to work together on this.The largest problem to overcome is ignorance.The fact that the scientific community is united on this makes it critical that people be informed that climate change is real and it's here.Instead,we have turned our schools into shooting galleries and day care centers and our heroes are religious figures,entertainers,athletes,and soldiers.There's a general feeling of apathy,that we should let it all burn down and start over,but we have accomplished too many good things and it would render the sacrifices of our ancestors wasted which I find unbearably sad.Frankly,I don't believe we have it in us but I have been surprised before.The problem with sticking your head in the sand is that you don't see the world coming when it comes to bite your ass.