Monic Running Line Inquiery

cmann886

Can anyone give a report on how the Monic Running Lines perform and which diameters you have used? I try to avoid marketing hype, but this looks to be a long term solution to changing out mono running line before it deteriorates and one looses a head.

dogsnfish

I used monic for several years and still have it on a couple of reels that I use for heads. I started with the "yellow" for scandi heads and really liked it, but found the thicker "green" worked better for 45' and 55' heads. Be sure and contact them if you are into welding new loops when necessary as they will send you the shrink tape. It is different than used on other lines. I mainly use gaelforce integrated lines now and much prefer those to separate heads and running lines.

Dan Page

Have used them all and like them very much. I liked the no stretch and high strength, downside is the coating deteriorated in high heat--gets soft. Maybe that has been improved as have not purchased any in a few years. I used it winter fishing and loved it.

cmann886

Have used them all and like them very much. I liked the no stretch and high strength, downside is the coating deteriorated in high heat--gets soft. Maybe that has been improved as have not purchased any in a few years. I used it winter fishing and loved it.
How warm is high heat? I had planned on starting to use it in September, but if needed I could wait until October...so long as I don’t leave it in the car would it last? That is one of my main concerns... I want it to last longer than some of my mono...and not have to work so hard against tangles.

Dan Page

Can't say exactly, but I would not leave it in a hot car in summer time. Likely to be more about how you store the line than fishing in hot weather. This topic came up a few years ago and others mentioned the same problem Some searches might produce a more precise answer. Spey Pages likely has info on this topic.

Latest posts