Your local Skinny water.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I just thought that I would bump this back to life so the newer members would have some place to search out.

I have no fucken idea why I did this.

Jim, you keep doing things like this you are going to lose your kermudgen persona.

By the way hope you get out this coming week. I am going to try at the end of the week if the torn cartiledge in the rib cage decides to ease up a bit.

Dave

How dare you discredit the beautiful Cedar River. IMHO the Cedar and Snoqualmie forks produce alot bigger and more numerous resident fish. If you want to have your gas siphoned out of your rig, shot at by uptight locals, and stalked by its numerous bears and cougars, then....yeah.....take OMJ's advice....:)
Yes I've caught some real thrasher trout this summer 10min from home. Never had a break in, and all the tweakers know me now from fishing so often so they're cool with me, and I'm cool with them. But yea can be a bit annoying having to answer the same questions from every other person walking by.

There are a lot more people roaming around the headwaters of your old stomping grounds since you were here Jim.
And I'm afraid there's a whole lot more coming.

I remember fishing the Cedar decades ago and never seeing a soul. I have a vivid memory a a 4 point blacktail buck wading in just below me and crossing the river. It was a beautiful place, with no drug addicts lurking in the bushes and without fear of my rig getting broken into and my stuff stolen.

It's still possible to find some peaceful solitude up in the hills, but it takes a LOT more effort these days.

Some say the internet has caused it... ;

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-has-doubled-in-less-than-10-years-data-show/
Yep its only going to get worse. There are no secrets to anything anymore. There are huge Facebook groups that post about any and every location. Instagram is also huge, and there are plenty of #cedarriver tags.

Jim, you keep doing things like this you are going to lose your kermudgen persona.

By the way hope you get out this coming week. I am going to try at the end of the week if the torn cartiledge in the rib cage decides to ease up a bit.

Dave
It sure sucks to get old. 20 years ago you probably wouldn't of gave it a second thought how you screwed up your side.

I have to use a cane to get around. I usually carry it around in my truck on the passenger seat. But for some odd reason I put it between my seat and the door on the floor. I went to get out of my Pickup and tripped over my cane. I cracked a rib on the way down to the ground when my feet got tangled on the cane. It now rests back on the passenger seat.

Lesson learned.:D:D

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
I was never bothered up in there. I had some old bag yell at me on the S/F Stilly one time I told her I was below the high water mark and I didn't take one step on her property. She shut up after that.
Just doing the math, that old bag must have been 2 or 3 hundred years old. Young'uns, Stilly water puts the old in gold....:D

Just doing the math, that old bag must have been 2 or 3 hundred years old. Young'uns, Stilly water puts the old in gold....:D
Anybody that yells at me about doing something wrong is an old bag or an older old man for something that I didn't do or thought I did.:p
+

I was just thinking about this and it happened just upstream from the Blue bridge Over the Stilly south fork.

Latest posts