Inshore build

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
After the success of the sled build I was convinced I could go bigger. With some thought I decided to build a saltwater boat suitable for most of the Puget Sound and salmon fishing if they are not all gone extinct buy the time I'm done. The plans were roughed out using Google SketchUp. But I only drafted the minimum to establish general fair curves and frame dimensions. I will post updates as the build progresses

Attachments

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
Progress is slow but I have been noodling power.
Rull of thumb for small boats is length X transom width less 90 equals horsepower but that's only on 19 foot long or less. With my design that puts max hp at just less that 400 hp. The original idea was for twin 150s but I think that is overkill.
I settled on a single 200. Less cost, weight and better fuel economy.
With that settled I could start framing the motor bracket. This will also be part of a full width swim step.

Attachments

Bjorn

WFF Supporter
I am looking forward to keeping pace with this project. Having met the sled in person this will be a great build! Ross Do you think you could find time to share the design a little? Maybe a drawing or two?
Thanks,
Bjorn

Bjorn

WFF Supporter
Looks like it will be a dry boat with that hull at the chine and you can trim the ride with the O/B. At that size you can take us all out fishing!

mbowers

Likely not at 23feet, at least a 10hp kicker
The 36V will pull it around nicely. Also adds an auto pilot function for trolling..

SE guys are putting them on center consoles up to 40ft.

Since you're building from scratch just something to maybe make room for if it doesn't mess up anything else.

Thanks for sharing the build!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts