Inshore build

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
Started the other side and ordered 5 gal resin with 2.5 hardner from fisheries supply for the ply laminating process. Sorry no pic

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
Got the second layer of plywood on one side of the bow, glued down. Went through about 10 ounces of resin (plus hardner) and 24 ounces by volume of silica thickener. The table layout worked great, but I added a couple drip catch cups under the spigots. I will flush off the seam along the stem and glue up the other side tomorrow.

Attachments

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
I'm about ready to switch gears abit. All the plywood is installed. A little rework on the offshore bracket transom, but it's no big deal. The task now is to detail the hull, round off all the sharp corners and fill and fare before I coat the entire hull with S1 sealer.

By the end of the month I should be draping glass mat. Then comes gel coat.

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
Getting close to glass. All the edges have been radiused and minor imperfections filled. One final sanding with 80 over everything and time to spread out the S1 sealer.

A bit ahead of schedule, so I guess I'll clean and prep the lake boat in anticipation of the sockeye fry emergence.

nomlasder

WFF Supporter
Inshore build update, Easter weekend.
After sanding and faring the plywood, the entire surface was sealed with thinned epoxy. This was then sanded again with 80 grit. This is for mechanical adhesion for the fiberglass mat.
Layed up the transom first, then rolled out the sides today. Mixing and spreading another 150 oz of epoxy tonight seemed a bit agressive for an old retired fart.

Also mounted a bow mount trolling motor on the skiff. Hope to be able to use it thus year.

Also the new pup was extremely helpful all day.

Attachments

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts