Tired of Hero Shots

Some guys like girls from the magazines with caked on makeup and airbrushed curves...some guys like girls with a little of those real Eastern Washington "Soap Lake" curves...yall know my type :D

Salmo_g

This thread almost makes me glad I have so few pictures of fish that I've caught. And the photos I do have are mostly boring as hell, hence little reason waste mega pixels on more of the same.

What the hell is a "trout brah?" Are they related by blood or by marriage?

Some guys like girls from the magazines with caked on makeup and airbrushed curves...some guys like girls with a little of those real Eastern Washington "Soap Lake" curves...yall know my type :D
Yeah sort of Paul Rubenesque but not Philip Pearlstein... as obtuse as i wanna be...

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
That is not at all what I said. I said, hero shots are boring. Doesn't mean they can't document a cool moment, or a punctuate a great fishing trip, but the hero shot is a boring photo. You could have a perfectly composed and edited hero shot, it is still boring. Is it cool to catch a new fish species? Absolutely. Just don't expect anyone that isn't an angler to give a fuck. The best response you'll get from a non-angler is, "Nice fish dude." Whether it is a cell phone snapshot or the best composition you got from a medium format DSLR.
Dude, bro, come on... Boring and interesting are not things that are set in stone or defined by you. Hero shots typically display a beautiful fish, emotion from the angler, maybe a cool landscape, etc. I find that 100x more interesting than most of the content on IG. You aren't the authority on what people can find interesting.

Logic: 1
Darthmonkey: 0

Must be able to count to, like, infinity. Must care that someone is wrong on the internet.
You know you are right. there are plenty of faux news score keepers out there...Interviews would be endless. But from what I know and "feel" about HR departments...eff em...let the purgatory begin!

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
I'd like to go ahead and formally announce my candidacy for internet scorekeeper. Here is my resume:

2015 WFF Rookie of the Year
2016-2017 Fly fishing fashion consultant
2018 Winning

Thank you for your support. It's humbling, but in my heart I know you didn't come here just for me, you came here because you believe in what WFF can be.

I'd like to go ahead and formally announce my candidacy for internet scorekeeper. Here is my resume:

2015 WFF Rookie of the Year
2016-2017 Fly fishing fashion consultant
2018 Winning

Thank you for your support. It's humbling, but in my heart I know you didn't come here just for me, you came here because you believe in what WFF can be.
Self Enggrandisement Award- S.E.A. WINNER!...trophy and certificate will be sent in the mail...with a nice white jacket...please follow instructions on how to put it on. You might need some help. We can arrange to send someone. thank you.

Latest posts