Tired of Hero Shots

Chawhee

In some circles, photography isn’t even considered art. The same way I don’t consider fly fishing or tying an art. Or the same way I don’t believe a car can be a work of art. Because each activity/ item exists to serve a purpose. Car to transport, fly rod and fly to catch fish.

Don’t get it twisted now y’all. I can appreciate things done well and are pleasant to look for. But to me ART exists solely to be a piece of art and serve no other function.

My homie Ted Leeson might agree.

Brain explosion. All previous posts have now been rendered invalid.

Last edited:

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
In some circles, photography isn’t even considered art. The same way I don’t consider fly fishing or tying an art. Or the same way I don’t believe a car can be a work of art. Because each activity/ item exists to serve a purpose. Car to transport, fly rod and fly to catch fish.

Don’t get it twisted now y’all. I can appreciate things done well and are pleasant to look for. But to me ART exists solely to be a piece of art and serve no other function.

My homie Ted Leeson might agree.

Brain explosion. All previous posts have now been rendered invalid.
Unless the item no longer is deemed functional, and is just that, art. I've seen flies tied for that very reason, rods hung on walls, boats as lawn decorations, photos of people with fish flung out in front of them as a hero. Now your argument is invalid.

Latest posts