NFR Monster catfish and carp caught in Green Lake, Seattle

The Russian and Ukraine fishermen who fish Green Lake pretty much keep and eat any kind of fish they catch including carp and catfish. They specifically target the carp, something they have done for years in their homeland. If this guy had been thinking about a new state record whether he was planning on eating it or not, he'd have to have it certified which would mean killing it. Apparently he wasn't thinking about the record and missed his chance. This photo is of Bob Jacklin on the Madison River a few years ago. Bob Jacklin is not a fish killer but this was a once in a lifetime fish for him so yes, he did kill it and had it mounted. Sometimes you just have to buck the purist attitudes of some.....
JacklinBrown.jpg

The Russian and Ukraine fishermen who fish Green Lake pretty much keep and eat any kind of fish they catch including carp and catfish. They specifically target the carp, something they have done for years in their homeland. If this guy had been thinking about a new state record whether he was planning on eating it or not, he'd have to have it certified which would mean killing it. Apparently he wasn't thinking about the record and missed his chance. This photo is of Bob Jacklin on the Madison River a few years ago. Bob Jacklin is not a fish killer but this was a once in a lifetime fish for him so yes, he did kill it and had it mounted. Sometimes you just have to buck the purist attitudes of some.....
View attachment 171463
I remember that. Even he got flak for it. If it's legal go for it. Personally, I don't want to glow in the dark.
I was fishing for stripers, and got my first one, at 14 years old in the American river in Sacramento... There were so many people fishing for food there, and sewer would periodically just randomly fire out of tubes. You could hear it coming and move, but people don't hesitate to eat those fish. And that was the early nineties. It's got to be way worse now.

Latest posts